• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ls 6.0 build

BEATIN35S

So I got a 99 lq4 from a 2500 truck looking to do a mild cam and change the intake and let culver do the tuning. So my question is what are the other must have must do things for that motor? It's going in a jeep buggy crawler so not hill killing with it. Looking for opinions from people that have already completed these changes on their motors.

Ls 6.0 build

My lq4 is a 2000, so it has iron heads also. About half of the exhaust bolts were either already broken, or broke taking them off. It may not be an issue for you. I ended up buying new aluminum heads for it, and couldn't be happier. Other than that, I put gaskets on the pan and cover, along with a new water pump.
Performance wise, I wouldn't touch it and keep it reliable. I went from a 22RE, so the stock power is good enough.

Re: Ls 6.0 build

:gay:
RebelRider said:
My lq4 is a 2000, so it has iron heads also. About half of the exhaust bolts were either already broken, or broke taking them off. It may not be an issue for you. I ended up buying new aluminum heads for it, and couldn't be happier. Other than that, I put gaskets on the pan and cover, along with a new water pump.
Performance wise, I wouldn't touch it and keep it reliable. I went from a 22RE, so the stock power is good enough.

Did you go back with manifolds or headers?

Shorty Headers. I tried to go the manifold route, but couldn't make them work. I'm sure your options are better since there are a lot more jeeps with the swap.

If you are putting a cam in go ahead and plan on having it dyno tuned. Lane culver did mine. It's worth the trip and the money.

Definitely taking to Layne for tuning when it's done. Who has the best and easiest harness or where should I have mine cut down at?

Jims performance and in Maryland for harness...hands down best in business

Humpy said:
Jims performance and in Maryland for harness...hands down best in business

X2! He has done at least a dozen for me, and no problems what so ever yet. :driving:

I bought my harness from affordable-fuel-injection. I called and talked too them and. They where great people to work with and where pretty good on price also