• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Engine Tuning in Bham Area?

BamaTJ

Hardline Crawler
Anybody know anyone that tunes LS motors around Bham area? I don't have time to wait for 2-3 days each way to tune my ECM. WOuld like to just bring the buggy and have them do their thing. Have a stalling issue off when going into a fwd or reverse gear and I think it is the tune not accounting for bigger cam

Ben said he knew a guy in Jasper. Will get you the number this afternoon.

How bout the oil pressure?

Converter is stock as it can be. I am sure the tune is not set for the cam I am running. Hailey, thanks again for helping me get the buggy out of the woods on Saturday. Also thanks to kevin crowe. I greatly appreciate what you guys did for me.

Oil pressure was because the lines to the oil filter were swapped. I am going to check the mains tonight and see what the verdict is. I swapped the lines an changed the oil and got 50psi of pressure. There was a minimal amount of metal flakes in the oil and I plan to cut open the filter also. We will see

No problem on the help. Im shure i will be there one day.

Good deal on the oil pressure. No longer than you run it it should be fine.

I don't know where he moved his shop to, but Blake Walker in Trussville could probably do it on the dyno. I know several people who have used him and had good results, not with buggies though. I'll try to get you his contact info.

There is a guy around your area that tuned my car his name is Scott Culbert I am 99% on the last name but I know that is his first. I can pm you his e mail if you want. And matt did you get the oil pressue problem figured out?

There is a guy about an hour north of Bham that will tune your buggy on the dyno. Does a good job, reasonable price, and it only takes an hour or two.
His name is Lane 256-882-2450

Matt O. said:
Oil pressure was because the lines to the oil filter were swapped. I am going to check the mains tonight and see what the verdict is. I swapped the lines an changed the oil and got 50psi of pressure. There was a minimal amount of metal flakes in the oil and I plan to cut open the filter also. We will see

Hinton see the quoted text. Thanks for all the info guys, I am calling now. The number for Lane in Huntsville is disconnected, if anyone has any other places that know LS motors please let me know.

I have a stall going to fwd or reverse gears off idle where it stumbles and dies. Also I think I can get a lot more from the motor with more tuning.

I need to figure some things out on this, I was talking to James tonight about speed dynasty tune. None of the dyno shops will answer or call back.

My main bearings did check out so the engine is ready to run again and no damage was done

Southern Speed in Tupelo, Ms can do it. They have a chassis dyno and his tuner Chris is one of the best in the industry. He's tuned world record holding drag cars and worked for numerous big name companies. The owner is Wade Hopkins. Tell him Brian Williamson sent you.

Wade Hopkins
662-842-3799
If you can get him, let me know and I'll call him on his cell.

Ha I just called them and they said between 400-700 to dyno tune. Ha, no thanks. Looks like I am going to Huntsville they are reasonable and specialize in LS. Walker in Trussville will not call me back

I used to live in Huntsvegas. The dragracing/street scene was huge there. We'd go down to Martin Rd. every weekend and have a blast. It makes sense that there would be a tuner there that knows what he's doing.