• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ls muffler sound clips..

hjpcummins

I'm not having any luck finding simple sound clips on the tube.
Everything I have come up with is car/truck with long tubes and so on...and looking for simple header/muffler setups compact

If ya don't mind post up what muffler you run and a clip..
I've got free flowmasters 40s in the garage but way to bulky for my setup

Thanks

I have a 5.3 with stock manifolds and glass packs that dump right under the seats I love the sound it when at idle it is very quite almost don't no it is running then when you open it up nice clean sound IMO I could send you a video if you want I just don't know how to post it on here PM me if interested

Re: Re: Ls muffler sound clips..

Hush powers are nice but big, 1 ton for some reason video won't play.

I was looking at magnaflows race muffler 14156
7a25cfaa5aafd06e6cb2548db5a0522f.jpg

I just haven't been able to find a sound clip without a full exhaust system

Along with the moroso bullet spiral muffler

Ran Dynomax Race Bullets on my CTSV. Loved it. Relatively quiet at idle but when you got into the skinny pedal that LS made its presence known.

I'm running the same flowmaster knockoffs as 1tontj on my 67 gto with an LS and I love the sound. It has a nice sound at idle but when it comes on with it, it sounds amazing.

"Mellowtone" I think is the name if the knockoff flowmasters..I've ran them and the sound exactly like flowmaster to me.(2 chamber)

I'm using Vibrant Performance 3"x5" header "mufflers" on my build mostly because not much else would fit. I'm still a ways from firing it up, but I have a feeling it will be loud as hell. booyang :driving:

In these pictures only the passenger side is fit up, but the driver side is done now and it dumps in the same spot.

ACA50E0D-E64A-41C8-89B6-3F267F52CF39_zpsnmnz2isi.jpg

36709F2F-33DB-4C40-AE49-71C90B8D84F6_zpsshtflow8.jpg

88F49472-34F9-4EDC-B5F5-53DAADCC53E4_zpslo00xswl.jpg

hokie_yj said:
I'm using Vibrant Performance 3"x5" header "mufflers" on my build mostly because not much else would fit. I'm still a ways from firing it up, but I have a feeling it will be loud as hell. booyang :driving:

In these pictures only the passenger side is fit up, but the driver side is done now and it dumps in the same spot.

ACA50E0D-E64A-41C8-89B6-3F267F52CF39_zpsnmnz2isi.jpg

36709F2F-33DB-4C40-AE49-71C90B8D84F6_zpsshtflow8.jpg

88F49472-34F9-4EDC-B5F5-53DAADCC53E4_zpslo00xswl.jpg

I started off with something similar. That basically isn't a muffler. It was too much for me personally. It seems to be a bouncer favorite though.

Yeah, that's why I used the "". :****: I'm definitely no bouncer, but my hope is that since it's rear engine it won't be so bad. I'm sure if anybody ever gets stuck behind me on a trail ride they will hate me though.

Are all these clips with headers? I'm running camaro steel manifolds (not cast) on my ls2 with 2-2.5 into one 3"pipe and a Borla xr1race muffler; overall exhaust length front to back is roughly 4', good idle tone with no drone but would like a more throaty crack with more throttle. Same suggestions apply or would i need to mash some headers in my cubby hole engine bay to get better sound?

matt

hjpcummins said:
Hush powers are nice but big, 1 ton for some reason video won't play.

I was looking at magnaflows race muffler 14156
7a25cfaa5aafd06e6cb2548db5a0522f.jpg

I just haven't been able to find a sound clip without a full exhaust system

Along with the moroso bullet spiral muffler

I have these on my 04 Sierra with a 4.8. But mine are the 10416 Magnapacks. I have the stock manifolds true dual with 2.5" pipe no cats, a x-pipe, 10416 Magnapacks and 4" tips. I love the way they sound. They are sorta like a glasspack but deeper without the raspy sound. I had them on my 00 Mustang GT with the same setup.

This is a video at idle. They sound better in person. I can never get a good sound clip on my phone. CLICK THE PIC FOR VIDEO