• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS oilpans what are y'all running?

mpistolpj said:
I have had good luck with the last two buggies running the stock ls f body pan and the Improved racing baffle kit. I also run a little extra oil in the motor just to help. have not seen a negative to running a little extra oil in the motor...

I run an extra 1/2 quart as well.

I can't run extra oil, it blows out the dipstick with all the pcv delete **** I have to run for KOH rules. I have also heard running a 5w oil helps as opposed to a 15w race oil that is thicker and slower to move around in the pan.

DIGGING UP OLD THREAD WARNING

I have run a LS with both Truck pan and a F-Body Pan. Even with the trap door insert, I still had oil pressure issues with the F-Body pan. I am finishing up a new buggy build now and have an F-Body pan with trap door and accumulator. I am worried I will still have issues. I cannot fit the truck pan above the engine skid.

A buddy has a trailblazer pan that is deeper than the F-body but 1-2" shorter than the truck pan. I'm sure i can get it for nothing and believe it would fit.

Does anyone have any real-world off road experience with the TB pan?? I am hoping it may be a better option for maintaining Oil Pressure off camber.

I'm running an ls4 front wheel drive pan on mine. I'm hoping it does ok. If not I guess it'll be a fabricated 7 qt pan.

Re:

Doesnt the TB pan have a through hole for the AWD optioned ones? Would that cause any issue? Just curious.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Mr. Hogg said:
DIGGING UP OLD THREAD WARNING

I have run a LS with both Truck pan and a F-Body Pan. Even with the trap door insert, I still had oil pressure issues with the F-Body pan. I am finishing up a new buggy build now and have an F-Body pan with trap door and accumulator. I am worried I will still have issues. I cannot fit the truck pan above the engine skid.

A buddy has a trailblazer pan that is deeper than the F-body but 1-2" shorter than the truck pan. I'm sure i can get it for nothing and believe it would fit.

Does anyone have any real-world off road experience with the TB pan?? I am hoping it may be a better option for maintaining Oil Pressure off camber.
I have experience with the TB pan ON road. Spun a bearing...

infamous1 said:
Doesnt the TB pan have a through hole for the AWD optioned ones? Would that cause any issue? Just curious.

It does indeed have a hole in it. I'm not sure it would have too much effect other than decreasing the capacity a little.

Re:

infamous1 said:

Yes. Front sump also the filter location is center of the pan, not out at the edge. Helps me clear the rear driveshaft. I'm going to try one in a rear engine buggy.

Re:

Summit racing has a pan out for the ls engines now also, its a 7 qt fabricated steel pan with small trap door section, an fittings for oil filter lines or accumulator, and is friendly on the wallet, just put one on the 5.3 in my jeep and so far so good. It gains quite a bit of clearance over the stock truck pan and i wanted steel not cast aluminum for the strength. Seems like it was about $200+ filter relocation kit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

Truck pan and ported ls3 oil pump. I have never seen a pressure drop tilted any direction even at 7000 rpm.
I was told it would not work during my build so I built around it and made it work.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

After seeing 2 friends with F-Body pans smoke a main bearing I made sure to use the truck pan on my buggy build. I have an upgraded oil pump (more PSI not GPM) and have never once had an oil pressure issue, even on long steep climbs.

I ended up ordering the Holley LS pan, its very similar to the Mast pan but a little cheaper. Not sure about anything else as of yet hope to get it today or tomorrow and can post pictures then. I don't race mainly just hardcore trail riding.

Re:

According to my tuner, anything but a f body pan. I know they are great for clearance but he said due to the shape of the sump that they were a ticking time bomb offroad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk