• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Running Issues (RESOLVED)

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
So I've had this issue since the last time out. Seems like once the engine warms up it develops a massive miss. Almost seems like the entire passenger side isn't firing. While driving it like that, you don't even really hear anything coming out of the exhaust on that side but if you just stay on it eventually it clears up and takes off at high rpm. Last week it did this for a while but it eventually cleared up on it's own. Tried to run for Patrick yesterday and had the same issue (as well as a wet switch panel) as soon as it warmed up so it never left the trailer. I scanned for codes but there wasnt any. Running MAF and both O2 sensors. All fuses are good. It's just a stock lq4.

To summarize:
1 - Starts and runs fine when cold
2 - Entire passenger side misses when warmed up
3 - Miss clears up at WOT probably around 2500 to 3k
4 - Will randomly clear up after running it hard for a bit

Any ideas? I'm really bad with diagnosing misfires and such. I'll try to see if I can get a video of it being dumb. Thanks

Re:

It's prob. Wire loose in the harness. Makes contact when cold and as it heats up it's loosing contact. I don't know enough to know what does what on a ls but I know a few people that have had problems with the pins on connectors not making good contact.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Re: LS Running Issues

Have you scanned it to see what is happening? Could have the O2's swapped that will mess one up bad.

Just shot a few videos since I was unloading it anyway.
Running cold (this was after the rpms dropped to normal after startup)
https://youtu.be/0fcS3nwQnz0

Running warm (started getting rough when coolant hit 130°)
https://youtu.be/CnCexrBZuy0

Driving warm (at about :30 and :39 you can hear it sputter and kick in) I wish the video was in stereo, then you could tell that 90% of the sound is coming out of the drivers side exhaust.
https://youtu.be/N9uLK6xtSVk

bjeep said:
Have you scanned it to see what is happening? Could have the O2's swapped that will mess one up bad.
It's not throwing any codes. Reading that O2's are working. I've been running it for a while now but the symptoms just started last week.

Zayne2427 on here had a similar issue at HPO one weekend. Sputtering at times, but sporadic. I can't recall the final resolution. I'm thinking fuel pump, but there may have been more. Have you checked fuel PSI yet?

Yeah, pressure is good constant and the pump is fairly new. I don't know if there's any particular sensor that might be acting up though.

Starting to wonder if it is an O2 sensor. When I watch bank 1 sensor 1, it shows a consistent up down on the graph. But if I switch to bank 2 sensor 1, I get a flat line. There wasnt a plug for the bank 2 sensor so I had to hard wire it. When I start jiggling around where the splice was made, the graph starts jumping around. If my little understanding of these engines is correct, when I start it cold, it's in open loop. Once it warms up it goes to closed which utilizes the sensors like O2, etc. I might be wrong about that but it seems like a path to further investigate.

It's definitely a 02 sensor problem if moving the wires is changing the reading it's probably just the connection . I'd start by redoing the splice

Welp, it was either the connection or O2 sensor but I dropped a new one in and all is well now. Also, my water logged switch panel is fine now too. I think the only thing that saved it was that it's an analog setup so no complicated circuitry to mess up. Thanks for the help folks. :dblthumb:

Re:

Is your switch panel up top? I can't remember.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Yup. I'm definitely going to pull it off any time I haul it. I never had issues riding in the rain but I think that 10 hr drive in a constant downpour was more than it could handle.

Re:

I rode with Chuck19 I believe and he had that panel too.....he loved it. I think his was a little better protected from the elements. I think they are cool little boxes for sure.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I still think it's an awesome product. Super simple installation and works really well aside from that hiccup, which I don't really blame on them.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/arc-8000r

Beerj said:
I still think it's an awesome product. Super simple installation and works really well aside from that hiccup, which I don't really blame on them.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/arc-8000r

That is the same one I am running in my buggy for the same reason. Had one go bad early on and I called ARC, and they shipped me a replacement one for free. Good people, great product. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

I had a good experience with them a few months back. I originally orderex the dash mount version but ran out of room. They sent out the roll bar mount right away, just had to pay shipping.