• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS swaps gone wild!

hjpcummins

I'm seeing ls swap go from a few random to everyone and their brother has one in the worx.

I'm just curious what's the average cost for a standard 5.3 to be dropped in a rig with a standalone harness.

It seems that theirs 5 dozen companies doing kits these days
And ls motors are getting cheaper by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im swapping my 5.3 for a 6.0 now. I had $500.00 in my 5.3 with all accessories besides starter. Then $450.00 in the harness and $100.00 for the computer and around $400.00 to have the motor tuned after it was put in buggy. But as usual its the small **** that added up quick . But I also did a cam, valve springs and custom headers so mine was a little more than what it could be done for. But for just the motor, harness and computer was just over 1k.

I have a friend locally here that wires and sells motors all, day everyday. I just bought an all alum 5.3 (HO) wired and ready to run for $1850. He gets $1650 for the iron block 5.3's. The 6.0's and the Ls motors are depending on what he can find as to what he sells them for.

Find a LKQ in your area. I bought an '03 Silverado 5.3 with 110k for $250, minus front accessories. Got a stripped down harness & ecm off Pirate for another $250. I've since upgraded to a 6.0, but there are many cheap motors out there if you look for them. thumb.gif

ISNT THERE A PLACE IN LIKE MUSCLE SHOALS AL. THAT DOES THIS IT WAS ON HERE MONTHS AGO . I CANT FIND WHICH PAGE ITS ON ??? im kinda looking for a 6.0 myself ....

Yeah I've found cheap motors just not the best a cuing a harness down ( more less to damn lazy)

You live in Rockmart right? Theres a junkyard about halfway to cartersville on 113 just past a trailer park on the left that has some really decent prices on LS takeouts

Yeah. Live in Dallas / Rockmart

Your talking about. Taylor's junk yard