• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS tensioners

redneckengineered

Trailer Park Panty Dropper
The tensioner on my buggy is a style I'm familiar with. With the belt on, if you put a wrench on the tensioner you can spring it in either direction. It has give clockwise and counterclockwise (as it should). The tensioner I'm messing with now on a late model L94 is either some new style I've never seen or it's ****ed up. With the belt on, if you put a wrench on it and turn clockwise you can feel it has give that way. If you turn it counterclockwise it like locks out with no spring action that way and it causes the belt to practically sit on top of the water pump AN fitting. This doesn't seem right to me. Before I spend $60 on a new one, does anyone have any input?

pholmann said:
That should only spring one direction with a stop the other if memory serves me.

The one on my buggy has a stop in either direction and with the correct belt has spring in either direction. This new one I'm looking at has no stops and only springs clockwise to remove the belt. Otherwise, it locks out to the counterclockwise direction with no give either way unless you put a wrench on it and take it out of the locked position.

Yeah every one I've ever seen only springs back 1 direction. It should have a stopping point at full rebound after removing the belt.. basically it will spring back to a stop built inside the tensioner after you've removed the belt. Usually, with the belt installed, the tensioner sits about halfway between full compression and full rebound. Not exactly sure I understand what your symptoms are but if the tensioner springs back to a stopping point on it's own, it should be good. I wonder if your belt is barely too long allowing the tensioner to sit in basically a fully extended state when the belt is installed. :dunno: I'll be curious to know what you find out.

tallnate said:
I wonder if your belt is barely too long allowing the tensioner to sit in basically a fully extended state when the belt is installed. :dunno: I'll be curious to know what you find out.

^This. Pics fool!