• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LUkes links

don't buy from BD, trust me. You can buy all the lukes links you want. But DON'T buy BD..
http://www.sourceautomotive.biz/shop/catalog/Steering_and_Suspension_Upgrades-20-1.html

Ok, Why not BD?
I seen the Source automotive but I don't want a red one...I want black and I am lazy so....:)

isnt you truck lifted?

If so it should have some extra room to work with. For less than the aftermarket track bar, you could have a custom one made with johny joints.

FAR SUPERIOR

Yes it is lifted, I believe the track bar is already after market soooo its all the other joints that are sloppy as a hooker in white center on friday night.....

I am not wheeling this thing either .... i just don't like the amount of slop it has.....

my thoughts exactly. Its for driving and towing only for me.

I really couldnt giva crap about hubs and such.

So you dont want to save some money on fuel milage or wear and tear on ujoints? HAHA You two are the only ones i know of that are happy with your front ends. If there wasnt a problem with them there wouldnt be such a huge aftermarket for parts to fix them.

Im not wheeling mine either i have a buggy for that:fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:
Ok, Why not BD?
I seen the Source automotive but I don't want a red one...I want black and I am lazy so....:)

I'd ask... My DSS is black. They may just show one of two options.. I can't stand BD, their parts are junk nowadays, and the only decent things (Like this steering brace) are copied. DSS had that setup long before BD. I just don't like to see any money go to that place.

And it may not just be your track bar. The steering boxes on these things seem to go out on a regular basis is well. Mine is definitely shot.

So you dont want to save some money on fuel milage or wear and tear on ujoints? HAHA You two are the only ones i know of that are happy with your front ends. If there wasnt a problem with them there wouldnt be such a huge aftermarket for parts to fix them.

Im not wheeling mine either i have a buggy for that:fawkdancesmiley:

what kind of fuel mileage do you get then? I'd love to see how that hub swap helped mileage. Hell if it gave me another 3 mpg like they claim. My truck would be an easy 24 mpg on the highway! Hell yea! I'll pay for it if you can prove it.

160K+ on my truck with plenty of towing, and my driving. I think my LH u-joint might be getting a little sloppy. Dammit I'm pissed! only 160k miles! That thing should have seen at least 161k before any wear! :mad:

That was the plan! Although someone told me that mid 90's suburban boxes bolted right up and had a better ratio.. Ever heard that one before?

Nope, can't say that I have!!! Interesting though...I'll have to measure one up & see if this could be an alternate swap...:awesomework:

Nope, can't say that I have!!! Interesting though...I'll have to measure one up & see if this could be an alternate swap...:awesomework:

The guy that told me said it was a cheaper box. But didn't know if the ratio was totally different from the stock ram box or not. He didn't know the ratio of the ram box. But said it improved his steering big time. But his could have just been that far gone, not sure.

Im a big fan of do it once. So when i was ready to fix my truck once and for all it was expensive. I knew the ball joints were suspect, the 4 bars were bent from some excellent death wobble(4 times while towing, all at 50mph or above) and the track bar ball joint was close to dissasembling.

DT profab was the shizzy at the time so i ordered the 4 bars(+.5 or whatever) and a track bar. I then ordered some ball joints and they arrived the next day..I did em and regretted buying all that suspension stuff..The truck was a dream to drive versus a nerve wracking experience. I previously had 3 shops check the ball joints and they all said they were fine...Have a good look at em jack

holy crap, thats a novel right there

Im a big fan of do it once. So when i was ready to fix ...Have a good look at em jack

holy crap, thats a novel right there

Yeah I will, had a shop do the pre-purchase inspection when I bought the truck. They stated that they were suspect, and I notice that the truck wonders a bit. Haven't had any death wobble since I drove the cherokee. I am going to toss the stablizer on her first, then the rest. . I am cheap and I don't want to spend money on that but I am damn tired of chassing the the headlights around at 5am in the morning....I like to wake up first.

Latest posts