• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

machinist/machine shop

at the cost of at least 500.00 for the machining of the case

Woah! To bore out the input would be less than an hour job for someone with the tooling to do this.

My breakdown of costs goes as such

1) $100 bore out case (estimated price of an hour labor at machine shop)
2) $99.97 29 spline coupler (quoted price off of the above site)
3) $129.98 29 spline input gear (quoted price off of the above site)
4) $44.97 large bore bearing (quoted price off of the above site)
total $374.92

This is all assuming you are capable of the teardown and reassembly of your 205.

I would think the custom coupler would probably run you more than that for a one off that got heat treated.

I also would not go for the small 23 spline transmission output as that would require more work and from what I have seen the shafts built that way (turned down and splines cut) dont last without retreatment.

upgrading to a 205 and then running a 23 spline is kinda defeating the purose

edit: I would run a 300 with a 29 spline input...1.96 low is gay...my .02

it would bolt right up to that tranny...redrill the adapter or buy a indexing ring

Woah! To bore out the input would be less than an hour job for someone with the tooling to do this.

total $374.92

This is all assuming you are capable of the teardown and reassembly of your 205.

I would think the custom coupler would probably run you more than that for a one off that got heat treated.

I also would not go for the small 23 spline transmission output as that would require more work and from what I have seen the shafts built that way (turned down and splines cut) dont last without retreatment.

you're not including the new input shaft....

total $374.92

you're not including the new input shaft....

:awesomework:You don't need the $450+ one.

I did not include gear oil or gaskets/seals though:D

Or if you just need the transfer case now....go here http://car-part.com/ and look for a t-case from a '89-'93 w250 or w350 4x4 dodge diesel manual trans truck.:awesomework:

And grab the coupler while you are there!:;

Last edited: