• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

machinist/machine shop

You should call Carl Jantz in Poulsbo (Jantz machine shop).
He may not be the guy for you, but he'll get you going in the right direction. He's reasonable in prices and respected.

transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png
transparent.png

Jantz Engineering

20555 Pugh Rd. N.E.
Poulsbo, Washington 98370
360-598-2773

Last edited:
its 29 to 23 spline dont have the actual dimensions yet. its to go between a 29 spline Getrag/NV 4500 to the 23 spline NP 205 case...

the factory ones were 23/23 or 29/29,,, there wasnt a 29/23 made.
the Quad 4x4 are the 29/29 ones.
I was told of a shop near the south end of Boing field that may have the capibilites of cutting the internal splines.
so far 2 machinists that I have talked with have suggested cutting the NV4500 output shaft to the 23 spline,, or useing 2 couplers, cutting them in half and inserting a 23 end and a 29 in a sleeve...

the factory ones were 23/23 or 29/29,,, there wasnt a 29/23 made.
the Quad 4x4 are the 29/29 ones.
I was told of a shop near the south end of Boing field that may have the capibilites of cutting the internal splines.
so far 2 machinists that I have talked with have suggested cutting the NV4500 output shaft to the 23 spline,, or useing 2 couplers, cutting them in half and inserting a 23 end and a 29 in a sleeve...

:scratchhead:

Won't it be easier and cheaper to swap the input out for a factory 29 spline and then use a factory 29 spline coupler?

:corn:

yes,,,, but at the cost of at least 500.00 for the machining of the case, the new input shaft, bearing and gear we are hoping to find a less expensive way to go....