• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Magic 8 ball says?

skipnrocks

I am building the front 4 link on the buggy... Double triangulated, I have about 1in of clearance on the motor and .5in on the exhaust? There shouldn't be any side to side on this and should be ok? Lowers are 42in long start at the inner c and got a four link bracket from btf in the middle, uppers are about 3 in apart and go out to 45in apart at the chassis almost mirroring the lowers same length?

So what does the magic 8 ball say? Too close?

The links are lower 2in 3/8 wall dom and uppers 2in 1/4 wall with 1.25in heims if that matters?

It will flex some, but if just tacked, any way to knock it loose space it out some? Or did I misinterpret and it runs between them? Worse comes to worse, you could run a track bar with it.

The links (3 link) in the front of my buggy/4runner thing clear the motor by .25" and steering/frame by .125" in places. It's worked fine for years, but if something ever lets go, it'll be bad. I keep an eye on it.

If the engine isn't mounted with leaf spring bushings that can fail like 3/4", then it is fine. I'm solid MM mounted, cross membered and head solid mounted with .5" of clearance. I've bent/broken a gr8 shock bolt and haven't had interference with the engine. Who cares about the exhaust, it will self clearance :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
If the engine isn't mounted with leaf spring bushings that can fail like 3/4", then it is fine. I'm solid MM mounted, cross membered and head solid mounted with .5" of clearance. I've bent/broken a gr8 shock bolt and haven't had interference with the engine. Who cares about the exhaust, it will self clearance :flipoff1:

Self clearance is my kind of work! Its the easiest! No leaf spring motor mounts here ... LOL