• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mahindra Roxor

muddinmetal said:
Sadly, that swap almost always results in a slower, louder, more difficult vehicle to live with

Yeah I love it when I inform the "OMG 4BT" person that it is the weight of an iron head BBC and even turned the fawk up will make like 200hp and have a narrow powerband.

::)

Reckon Mahindra will offer the jeep grille as an option at the dealer?

Re: Re: Mahindra Roxor

TBItoy said:
Yeah I love it when I inform the "OMG 4BT" person that it is the weight of an iron head BBC and even turned the fawk up will make like 200hp and have a narrow powerband.

::)

Reckon Mahindra will offer the jeep grille as an option at the dealer?
But dude, it will roll coal and get 50mpgs on 40s.

A buddy of mine saw one at Montgomey Honda/ Yamaha in Montgomery Al.
He said it was slick.

Maybe Paul Runge will check in on this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re:

I still have yet to see any benefit to owning one of these, especially given the price point. It's like everything one of these things can do, there's already something out that does it better. AmIWrong? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mdo817 said:
Maybe Paul Runge will check in on this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tractor division is running entirely independent of the Roxor project. We only have a small amount of dealers selling both Tractor and Roxor but the plan was to put it in powersports dealerships.

I wanted to get one less the drivetrain so I could be the first to link and LS swap one but I really don't have the time.

They plan on many factory accessories but I'm not sure what. A Jeep looking grill is probably not going to happen.

IMO the Roxor is just a stepping stone for Mahindra to get their trucks and suvs in North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
I still have yet to see any benefit to owning one of these, especially given the price point. It's like everything one of these things can do, there's already something out that does it better. AmIWrong? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For guys like us... absolutely. That's why I didn't get one. Hard to get me excited without a V8 and 43's.

But there are a lot of soft core wheelers with no fab skills. Price is exceptional IMO for a brand new product and a warranty. What's the cheapest 4wd JL cost?

Eddyj said:
Anybody seen one of these unicorns?
Yep see one. And got to drive it. We went to our local orv park to do some testing. One of the guys that helped build them was meeting us there to do some testing on a jeep that he just built. And one of the guys came and brought one to test drive. It was slow. But did ok on the trails. needed some bigger tires. Kept getting hug up trying to follow us. We are on 42s. lol
I was invited to go with them today to do some testing on them as a consult but had to pass. have a few people coming over to buy pasts and have to wait for a phone call from our insurance agent to explain to me how my insurance is going to work now that I have medicare with BCBS gap insurance.

Eddyj said:
Anybody seen one of these unicorns?

Powersports dealer off I40 in Crossville, Tennessee has a couple on the lot. Been tempted to stop by to check them out, but always seems to be raining when I come through that area each week. Only ones I've seen so far

Yes they have recieved 3 shipments of 2 at my local delaer and they never make it to the floor. They are sold before thry get them. But i was there when a shipment came in so thry let me look them over.

There is definitely a market for them.

mrdrinksalil said:
For guys like us... absolutely. That's why I didn't get one. Hard to get me excited without a V8 and 43's.

But there are a lot of soft core wheelers with no fab skills. Price is exceptional IMO for a brand new product and a warranty. What's the cheapest 4wd JL cost?

Any year model rzr, 800, 900, 1000, etc. will out wheel this thing. Pretty much any Ranger would too. My old Ranger 570xp was as big as this thing, could haul more, and more capable, for several thousand dollars less. You can buy a full size Jeep Wrangler with heat and a/c on 33-35" tires for what one of these things cost. In a foreign country that doesn't have the **** avaialable that we do, they may have a purpose, but I don't see why anyone would be interested in them here.

Name one thing you can do with one of these that nothing else available can do and for probably less money.

I can take most run of the mill sxs/utv places most people will take thier jeeps/buggies. That doesnt make a buggy pointless does it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah you're missing the point. The majority of the "offroad" industry is JK bolt on parts that never leave pavement. The money is in the masses. Not us Hardliners. We can only support a few very specialized businesses like WOD.

The Polaris Slingshot was a good example. It's not a car, it's not a bike. No practical application and a new segment... but they sell and Polaris and the dealer make $$$.

The ROXOR is all steel and has a Diesel engine. Its lifespan will probably 2-3x that of a rzr.

n many states they can be eaaily street legal yet still go to sxs only parks in ohio we have a lot more atv/sxs riding than jeep. These are legal on state trails here a samurai isnt. My sxs will kill these performance wise but the sxs doesnt wheel like a jeep. Two differant types of riding. Roxor allows jeep type riding where jeeps arent allowed.

Its a small niche but it is a niche.

Orion reeper is alow speed legal in many states new Ill bet roxor goes that route in a few years aswell. I would be suprised if they dont end up releasing differant models and go full legal over time. This may just be a way around the black tape to get in the us market

offroadohio said:
n many states they can be eaaily street legal yet still go to sxs only parks in ohio we have a lot more atv/sxs riding than jeep. These are legal on state trails here a samurai isnt. My sxs will kill these performance wise but the sxs doesnt wheel like a jeep. Two differant types of riding. Roxor allows jeep type riding where jeeps arent allowed.

Its a small niche but it is a niche.

Orion reeper is alow speed legal in many states new Ill bet roxor goes that route in a few years aswell. I would be suprised if they dont end up releasing differant models and go full legal over time. This may just be a way around the black tape to get in the us market

How's it going to wheel like a jeep? Just bc it's got straight axles? Hell it looks smaller than a samurai. Ain't nothing Jeep-like about wheeling something narrow with tiny axles on leaves that "might" run 33's. Other than the slight cool factor it possesses purely from being something different, I really see no niche at all for this thing.

TacomaJD said:
How's it going to wheel like a jeep? Just bc it's got straight axles? Hell it looks smaller than a samurai. Ain't nothing Jeep-like about wheeling something narrow with tiny axles on leaves that "might" run 33's. Other than the slight cool factor it possesses purely from being something different, I really see no niche at all for this thing.

Thats the cool thing, some people like different things and if it sells it sells. Kinda like i dont like having grass clippings in my yard so i blow them all out in the street. :flipper:

TacomaJD said:

Depends which Jeep you are talking about. Solid axles, manual transmission, bare bones, small diesel, gear driven tcase are all winners. 33's used to be a big tire and a capable rig with a capable driver will go a lot of places. We are in the midst of having the most capable rigs ever with the worst drivers ever. Its the truth and you know it, just go out to the trials for a day and you'll see it.

I understand you love yer golf cart but most men don't. That fawking snowmobile clutch is a terrible thing to hear all day. I want to move when I let my foot out of the clutch out not when the belt get squeezed enough.

*edit- I cant speel good