• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mahindra Roxor

Re: Re: Mahindra Roxor

scrambled said:
Depends which Jeep you are talking about. Solid axles, manual transmission, bare bones, small diesel, gear driven tcase are all winners. 33's used to be a big tire and a capable rig with a capable driver will go a lot of places. We are in the midst of having the most capable rigs ever with the worst drivers ever. Its the truth and you know it, just go out to the trials for a day and you'll see it.

I understand you love yer golf cart but most men don't. That fawking snowmobile clutch is a terrible thing to hear all day. I want to move when I let my foot out of the clutch out not when the belt get squeezed enough.

*edit- I cant speel good
Lol I dont have the golf cart anymore, I have been officially rigless for nearly a year now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
How's it going to wheel like a jeep? Just bc it's got straight axles? Hell it looks smaller than a samurai. Ain't nothing Jeep-like about wheeling something narrow with tiny axles on leaves that "might" run 33's.

This is litteraly the description of a Jeep CJ.

JKs are a monster vehicule that is nowhere close to the Jeep idea from the beginnings.

I won't buy a Roxxor, not in the market for one, but I think it's awesome.

What makes me laugh is the fact so many people complain about only being able to buy gas powered vehicles with no straight axles and a bunch of gizmos, but when a manufacturer builds a vehicle that checks all the boxes, people still complain. Not directed at you personally, it's just an observation.

I still agree with the fact a RZR is more capable and faster than this, just not the same animal. And it doesn't have a diesel.

I could see this being really useful for a guy whose got some acreage to work on just like he would a Ranger but would rather give up the smooth ride to have something more mechanical and appears as if it could do more work than a Polaris Ranger since it could pull 3500lbs. When I used to have my Samurai dad said if they made them brand new he would buy one but now he's bluffing since they came out with one an it costs 15k.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ranger also weighs in around 1300 lbs for a full size model, Roxor weighs in over 3k lbs. For what a Roxor costs in terms of being able to pull $3k lbs, you could buy a nice Jeep Wrangler with heat and a/c, that's street legal. For every single thing you could need one of these for, there's already something out that does it significantly better. I know I said that before, but that's what I can't get past. As for pulling, a Ranger 900 can pull 2k lbs and a Ranger 1000 can pull 2500 lbs. Softer ride, dump bed, seats 3 people vs 2 like the Roxor, more capable offroad, for several grand less.

I'll drop the topic after this post because it's all personal preference, but this thing is virtually pointless. If it were street legal (everywhere and without having to add anything to make it so), I'd have a whole different outlook...that's the niche it needs to make it stand out imo. But like I said before, I saw a mint 98 model Jeep Wrangler Sahara the other day with 140k miles on it for $10k, I'm talking showroom clean inside and out, all stock. Take that and sit it right beside the Roxor and do a pros and cons list, then consider the price. No brainer.

TacomaJD said:
Ranger also weighs in around 1300 lbs for a full size model, Roxor weighs in over 3k lbs. For what a Roxor costs in terms of being able to pull $3k lbs, you could buy a nice Jeep Wrangler with heat and a/c, that's street legal. For every single thing you could need one of these for, there's already something out that does it significantly better. I know I said that before, but that's what I can't get past. As for pulling, a Ranger 900 can pull 2k lbs and a Ranger 1000 can pull 2500 lbs. Softer ride, dump bed, seats 3 people vs 2 like the Roxor, more capable offroad, for several grand less.

I'll drop the topic after this post because it's all personal preference, but this thing is virtually pointless. If it were street legal (everywhere and without having to add anything to make it so), I'd have a whole different outlook...that's the niche it needs to make it stand out imo. But like I said before, I saw a mint 98 model Jeep Wrangler Sahara the other day with 140k miles on it for $10k, I'm talking showroom clean inside and out, all stock. Take that and sit it right beside the Roxor and do a pros and cons list, then consider the price. No brainer.

Something used is less than something new? Crazy talk. 20 Years old is still 20 years old regardless of how "clean" it is. 140 thousand miles. Just getting broke in!

TacomaJD said:
Lol I dont have the golf cart anymore, I have been officially rigless for nearly a year now.

Spending 16 grand on a motorcycle that you can only ride on the smooth street during good weather makes perfect sense. :dunno:

It is personal preference and I feel the same way about any SxS. I just don't understand why anyone wold plop down their hard earned money for one. I mean any of them. Be interesting to see hwo they sell and see what they get designated as. I mean I know they are SxS's but I think they exceed the weight ratings for the trials up here. Not being able to ride on the normal trails and not being on the street will be a huge killer for their sales.

Re: Re: Re: Mahindra Roxor

scrambled said:
Spending 16 grand on a motorcycle that you can only ride on the smooth street during good weather makes perfect sense. :dunno:

I know, that's why I gave $5,500 for mine. Lol.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mahindra Roxor

scrambled said:
Well then you win this round :flipoff1:
He said he wasn't going to post on this topic anymore so he broke his own rules so he doesn't win this round because he's a cheater!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Here's another angle: perhaps being a diesel and having a sort of bed, it could reasonably be purchased as a business or farm expense. Being able to write off a trail rig is a win for some people.

scrambled said:

It is personal preference and I feel the same way about any SxS. I just don't understand why anyone wold plop down their hard earned money for one. I mean any of them. Be interesting to see hwo they sell and see what they get designated as. I mean I know they are SxS's but I think they exceed the weight ratings for the trials up here. Not being able to ride on the normal trails and not being on the street will be a huge killer for their sales.
I thing one of the big selling features of sxs is you can finance them. where a capable jeep you build. Talking to one of the mangers that works at Mahindre. He said that most of the sxs that is sold has $15,000 ad ones bolted on before it even leaves the show room. He says they track that. Don't know if or is true or not. But I could see that. How many people would be able to upgrade their sxs after they purchase it. and then you need some way of towing it. and now you need a camper so you can spend a weekend at a park enjoying it.
I think that is why they are so popular.
You can finance your hole set up for just a few hundred bucks for the next 20 years. :dunno: :rolf:

I had to remove my self from all roxor groups. The people buying these things are some dumb ****s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'd guess no lockers and tcase hangs down pretty low. They're cool for putting and probably farm use but not really a trail machine, at least in stock form anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still there.
98e9ff7ab947b478f8173a1fdc545218.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk