• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mainline Closure

There will be some more official news coming down the pike in the next few days -- but I can say this:

A plan for a potential re-opening of expressway is under development, due to DNR June 3rd. (The idea is to hopefully open by the end of June). This would create an upper loop so people could run those trails. You would have to access it from top, going from ez-valley connector.

We've also generated some alternatives to fixing the washout and/or restoration and bypassing it. Right now a 'best possible' re-opening is late August or September, and could be longer if we run into any external blockers (geology, timber sales, etc)

Obviously this is all in flux right now, but DNR is committed to getting a good fix in a reasonable amount of time.

who's we?

There will be some more official news coming down the pike in the next few days -- but I can say this:

A plan for a potential re-opening of expressway is under development, due to DNR June 3rd. (The idea is to hopefully open by the end of June). This would create an upper loop so people could run those trails. You would have to access it from top, going from ez-valley connector.

We've also generated some alternatives to fixing the washout and/or restoration and bypassing it. Right now a 'best possible' re-opening is late August or September, and could be longer if we run into any external blockers (geology, timber sales, etc)

Obviously this is all in flux right now, but DNR is committed to getting a good fix in a reasonable amount of time.

Three to four months to fix something this small is hardly a reasonable amount of time.:wtf: there's to much of what little trail there is at walker closed because of this.:mad:

Although it seems small/insignificant...it (the washout) is a big issue in the grand sceme...there is work going on to get that section re-opened, but steps need to be taken first to get the Expressway trail circuit portion opened back up, which is priority one...then at that point, it's only about 1/4mile or so that's temp closed, instead of over half the total mileage due to this one 'little' spot...
In the meantime, please respect the temp closure of the area...:cool:

Expressway should be re-opened within a month. And its going to take a little bit because we need to..
a) have good signage so people don't go into the 'loop' with unequiped rigs that cannot get out
-and-
b) have semi-permanent barriers to protect the closure from people trying to get down there.

DNR also wants to make sure any major WQ issues are tackled in the loop before its re-opened, since its been neglected for so long.

Expressway should be re-opened within a month. And its going to take a little bit because we need to..
a) have good signage so people don't go into the 'loop' with unequiped rigs that cannot get out
-and-
b) have semi-permanent barriers to protect the closure from people trying to get down there.

DNR also wants to make sure any major WQ issues are tackled in the loop before its re-opened, since its been neglected for so long.

four plus weeks to do this:mad: not sure why the expressway is even closed. as far as the other stuff.

A) you cant protect people from their own stupidity. sign all you want there will still be rigs there that should not be.

B) theres no such thing:eeek: But hopefully it will slow down the amount of traffic until it is fixed.

four plus weeks to do this:mad: not sure why the expressway is even closed. as far as the other stuff.

A) you cant protect people from their own stupidity. sign all you want there will still be rigs there that should not be.

B) theres no such thing:eeek: But hopefully it will slow down the amount of traffic until it is fixed.

A) Stop whining at least its going to open back up in time

B) if the trail is closed might as well fix everything at once in the area to keep it open MORE

C)I am sure there are other things DNR need to do beside fix a small section of trail. And the fact that they are trying to figure out another way to get expressway open with the washout there is a bonus.:awesomework:

Doug, I understand your frustration, hell I'd like to just get out and wheel, but if folks don't step up and take care of these issues as they pop up, no one will and nothing would ever get done, and more and more would end up closed......things are moving pretty rapidly as far as issues like this are concerned.
The overwhelming agreement on this whole issue is to get the Expressway trail circuit re-opened ASAP...To do that, there needs to be better signs the section of trail is closed for repairs, other than orange tape...the washout is a huge deal in all eyes involved, and there needs to be some planning involved here to secure a viable and sustainable repair to it...

A) Stop whining at least its going to open back up in time

B) if the trail is closed might as well fix everything at once in the area to keep it open MORE

C)I am sure there are other things DNR need to do beside fix a small section of trail. And the fact that they are trying to figure out another way to get expressway open with the washout there is a bonus.:awesomework:

A) Not whining asswipe just making a statement about a portion of trail being closed that is not affected by said washout.

B) Open "MORE", more then what?

C) If you know anything about the trail at all:rolleyes:, the washed out area is bellow the expressway and there is a loop without going into the affected area.:awesomework:

Doug, I understand your frustration, hell I'd like to just get out and wheel, but if folks don't step up and take care of these issues as they pop up, no one will and nothing would ever get done, and more and more would end up closed......things are moving pretty rapidly as far as issues like this are concerned.
The overwhelming agreement on this whole issue is to get the Expressway trail circuit re-opened ASAP...To do that, there needs to be better signs the section of trail is closed for repairs, other than orange tape...the washout is a huge deal in all eyes involved, and there needs to be some planning involved here to secure a viable and sustainable repair to it...

Let me know when and where you need help with this Kev.:awesomework:

The expressway is Officially Open!

You will have to make the loop from the top. PLEASE respect the closure from both sides. There is no way to get back down except through the EZvalley connector.

Work is being done now to survey and get a re-route made so we can have a full reopening. Stay tuned.

But for now, enjoy the expressway!

I know on Saturday,the 22nd,the Bollards and Trackhoe were still blocking the uphill end of the bypass....maybe they were removed on Sunday.

NO!! Listen to what they are saying. They are still working with the excavator all week and then the erosion control needs to be done. The target date is the middle of October. The bollards at the top will not be removed until it is ready. A major issue is still the culvert at the top. It is still too narrow for a 4X4.

This is the latest info I have...I will contact someone official and get the answers.

OK, I have spoken with Triston with DNR, and THE TRAIL IS STILL BLOCKED, as Mauler has stated...

There is still the issue of the culvert at the top of the reroute, and they are working on the most viable and least invasive (as in least amt of paperwork/permitting) solution as we spoke, there were three or four possibilities they are working on...They are close.
Once a final solution has been reached, the repair will be made quickly, and you all will be informed as soon as we are.
.....UNTIL THEN THE TRAIL IS STILL CLOSED!

Still some work to be done, 1 week from this saturday is the next scheduled DNR work party, and I'm pretty sure this is high on the list to complete to get the trail opened back up...As for when, not exactly sure at this point.
:awesomework: You still can access the rest of the trails in their entirety, just won't be able to make the loop as it were...:awesomework:

Still some work to be done, 1 week from this saturday is the next scheduled DNR work party, and I'm pretty sure this is high on the list to complete to get the trail opened back up...As for when, not exactly sure at this point.
:awesomework: You still can access the rest of the trails in their entirety, just won't be able to make the loop as it were...:awesomework:

Sounds good, thanks Kevin :awesomework:

Maybe one of these times i will haul my ass up there and help.......talk is cheap though, right? :redneck: