• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mainline Closure

The expressway is Officially Open!

You will have to make the loop from the top. PLEASE respect the closure from both sides. There is no way to get back down except through the EZvalley connector.

Work is being done now to survey and get a re-route made so we can have a full reopening. Stay tuned.

But for now, enjoy the expressway!

is this true? Im planning a trip up, would really like to hit the expressway just need to know if its accessable from the top thank you

Hi All:

Yes, this is true. You can do the whole loop, but have to access it, and leave, via the eastern access route.

Regards,

Alan

is this true? Im planning a trip up, would really like to hit the expressway just need to know if its accessable from the top thank you

Is this still closed? I was up there last weekend and accessed the expressway loop from the top. I did not see the closed sign that was up there from before. I also did not get a chance to make my way down to the closed spot from the top.

The path up the modified pats trail worked great. Hopefully with all the rocks they laid down it won't get to torn up. I noticed the Timber Tamers trail is getting pretty chewed up.

But the EZ Valley Connector is closed off due to logging. No idea about the Ridge Ram trail on the back side.

I had to look up the actual trail names on http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/eng_rms_walker_12_full.pdf after talking to Kevin and having no idea what trails he was talking about. :D

Easy Valley is closed???? It's already been logged a few yrs ago!!!....
I thought it was the Timber Tamer you were describing that was obliterated by the logging...(the one with the lil bridge...)..

Last time i was up there (a few weeks ago). Timber Tamer trail with the little bridge was open, but once you go up that across the logging road and back into the upper part of Timber trail, that area was being logged and was closed off.
Easy Valley was still open at that point, you just had to access it from the logging road. I also could not get to upper mainline or modified Pats Trail due to gate being closed. Unless there is another way to modified Pats Trail?
Do you access Modified Pats trail right from the Parking lot?

Easy Valley is closed???? It's already been logged a few yrs ago!!!....
I thought it was the Timber Tamer you were describing that was obliterated by the logging...(the one with the lil bridge...)..

According to the map it's right after you get back onto the logging road taking a left coming out of the Timber Tamer, then a right onto the EZ Valley connector. All though the sign marker still said Timber Tamer. We never reached the little bridge. Just the larger bridge that looks like it might need some love soon.

There is a second logging road that isn't on the map that might to further up to another spot to jump onto the EZ Valley Connector, just to the but we didn't go exploring. I need to put a charger in the car so I can run Tracks and just post my route next time.

You are very close to being correct Drone. The bridge you were on is the "little bridge" and on the short part of Timber tamer trail or lower part. Once you come out of that small trail and go left on logging road, then a right back into a trail, you are still on the Timber Trail at that point as marked by the signage. That is the part that is closed to logging.
If you could go on that trail it leads up onto another logging road once again going left onto logging road then right onto another trail, which at that point is the EZ Valley Connector trail. The maps isnt that accurate, but close. It sounds like maybe you never got to the EZ Valley connector trail. But that is a good place for you to check out next time as well as the Ridge ram trail as it can be kind of fun too.
Hope to get back up there again soon..

Yup, the Easy Valley connector is the one that was redone in a clearcut a few yrs back, after that section was logged...

You are very close to being correct Drone. The bridge you were on is the "little bridge" and on the short part of Timber tamer trail or lower part. Once you come out of that small trail and go left on logging road, then a right back into a trail, you are still on the Timber Trail at that point as marked by the signage. That is the part that is closed to logging.

There used to be a second smaller bridge further up the trail. Kind of amusing as a few months after I installed it they put a road in that just about bypassed the smaller bridge.

Mainline open?

So is upper mainline officially open? I hope so, cause we ran it last week. We had to go around the gate to gain access and I want to make sure this is ok. The bypass around the slide looked completely finished and all of the previous barricades are down. I haven't seen an official trail open notice anywhere so want to be sure.

So is upper mainline officially open? I hope so, cause we ran it last week. We had to go around the gate to gain access and I want to make sure this is ok. The bypass around the slide looked completely finished and all of the previous barricades are down. I haven't seen an official trail open notice anywhere so want to be sure.
yes its open