• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Manastash meadows up by the rocks.

This wasn't meant to bash you or the PNW I know your group does alot to keep are trail systems open. Hell pokey is the one I learned from in my early wheelin days. It just seems that if you have a buggy in the eyes of a lot of the older group of folks your looked at as someone who just whats to tear everything up.I plan on wheelin for along time to come So I know that people ripping **** up has to stop.

I have had PNW4WDA members scowl at me on the trail...just because of the type of rig I choose to drive. All members of the PNW4WDA should be actively recruiting & educating those they meet on the trail...welcome everyone into the organization. Young / old, wide / narrow, long / short.

The bullshit attitudes have kept people/clubs away. I am currently an individual member, but I certainly don't feel welcome. Pokey has been the only one to reach out & try to invite me on a few runs...that has been appreciated....but I can't help but wonder what the others would say under their breath as I unloaded my big tire buggy looking rig :looser:

I think we should unite under one organization & stop blaming folks within the wheeling community, but I feel like the welcome mat has been unofficially yanked from the PNW4WDA doorstep.

If the PNW4WDA made all feel welcome & heard, then we wouldn't need a new org like WOW. They welcome all types of rigs & all types of people :beer:

The PNW4WDA represents its membership.(simple enough). Its membership at least here in Washington is "mostly" made up of jeeps and short wheelbase rigs so this is logicly the types of trails we are going to support the hardest. Many of the trails we maintain are under agreement with the FS or the DNR and its their rules that we follow when doing trail work. I cant help but noticing that 99% of the people whining and bashing on the PNW4WDA arnt members, havent been members and probably dont belong to any organized group doing anything to support our sport. Bottom line is if you want the PNW4WDA to support you and your type of rig then step up and join. Get involved and make a differance instead of constantly looking for a scapegoat to blame your own lack of willingness to get involved.

And heres a quick test for all of you that dont think the PNW4WDA does anything for the uggy crowd. And its not a open book test so no searching for the answers.

1. Who owns most of the land that funnyrocks , moon rocks and most of bald mountain is on ?
2, Why are we allowed to wheel there ?

And on a Moderator note, anymore "bashing" of any of the Orgs will get your post deleted and may get you booted from the thread and or area. Lets all work on trying to solve the real problem at hand while we still have areas left to play. :awesomework: Thanks Jim

I'm a buggy owner. After being a PNW member for many years my dues were not accepted one year due to PNW politics.:rolleyes: I don't hold a grudge but have not tried to reinitiate with the PNW since.
I find that hard to beleive and would like to find out who so we can strraighten that out. Please PM ME.

I have had PNW4WDA members scowl at me on the trail...just because of the type of rig I choose to drive. All members of the PNW4WDA should be actively recruiting & educating those they meet on the trail...welcome everyone into the organization. Young / old, wide / narrow, long / short.

The bullshit attitudes have kept people/clubs away. I am currently an individual member, but I certainly don't feel welcome. Pokey has been the only one to reach out & try to invite me on a few runs...that has been appreciated....but I can't help but wonder what the others would say under their breath as I unloaded my big tire buggy looking rig :looser:

I think we should unite under one organization & stop blaming folks within the wheeling community, but I feel like the welcome mat has been unofficially yanked from the PNW4WDA doorstep.

If the PNW4WDA made all feel welcome & heard, then we wouldn't need a new org like WOW. They welcome all types of rigs & all types of people :beer:
Well if you whell with me and us you would be welcome as everyone is here in the PNW4WDA. So maybe we should find the offending few who are representing the PNW4WDA in the wrong way and educate them!

The PNW4WDA represents its membership.(simple enough). Its membership at least here in Washington is "mostly" made up of jeeps and short wheelbase rigs so this is logicly the types of trails we are going to support the hardest. Many of the trails we maintain are under agreement with the FS or the DNR and its their rules that we follow when doing trail work. I cant help but noticing that 99% of the people whining and bashing on the PNW4WDA arnt members, havent been members and probably dont belong to any organized group doing anything to support our sport. Bottom line is if you want the PNW4WDA to support you and your type of rig then step up and join. Get involved and make a differance instead of constantly looking for a scapegoat to blame your own lack of willingness to get involved.

And heres a quick test for all of you that dont think the PNW4WDA does anything for the uggy crowd. And its not a open book test so no searching for the answers.

1. Who owns most of the land that funnyrocks , moon rocks and most of bald mountain is on ?

And on a Moderator note, anymore "bashing" of any of the Orgs will get your post deleted and may get you booted from the thread and or area. Lets all work on trying to solve the real problem at hand while we still have areas left to play. :awesomework: Thanks Jim
Bout time you stick up for the PNW4WDA! Not just nfor little jeeps either, remeber it's a four wheel drive club now. Good WOrk! :D

Quite honestly I wouldnt care. The only way people are going to learn is by force. My club members know full well that I have friends with buggys and some of them dont like it and again I dont care. The only way to show them that its all about the person not the rig is by forcing interaction upon them. Acceptance will come as attitudes are changed but that takes a effort on all parts concerned.

Looks like FS land to me...what do I win :D

map of funny/moon

map legend

Quite honestly I wouldnt care. The only way people are going to learn is by force. My club members know full well that I have friends with buggys and some of them dont like it and again I dont care. The only way to show them that its all about the person not the rig is by forcing interaction upon them. Acceptance will come as attitudes are changed but that takes a effort on all parts concerned.

I really think you are trying to change things & open the eyes of others in the PNW4WDA...thank you :beer:

Just wish everyone in the PNW4WDA was as open as you & all wheelers could unite under one org...we have some work to do before that happens :booo:

Sounds like I need to tag along on one of your club runs :cool:

I find that hard to beleive and would like to find out who so we can strraighten that out. Please PM ME.

Well if you whell with me and us you would be welcome as everyone is here in the PNW4WDA. So maybe we should find the offending few who are representing the PNW4WDA in the wrong way and educate them!

Bout time you stick up for the PNW4WDA! Not just nfor little jeeps either, remeber it's a four wheel drive club now. Good WOrk! :D

On this BBS I do not represent the PNW4WDA in any kind of "official" manner. I am a member and am damn proud of it and will defend what I believe in. As a Mod here iits my "job" to keep things under control as the owners have requested and set forth in our guidelines. Everybody is entitled to their opinions wether we like it or not and as long as they stay withen the guidelines set all is fine.

Yes, but funny/moon looks to be in green squares :scratchhead:

You cheated by looking for a map :haha: I guess to really make my point I will need to find a pre land swap map to show how the ownership changed in the last land swap up there. Before the swap there was no way to get there without crossing private land. We (pnw4wda) negotiated for two years with the FS and Plum creek to maintain access to the area and forced several changes to happen to guarantee access including complete unblocked ownership from The Manashtash campground to the rocks. We also got legislation passed that allowed a Private company (plum creek) or a Org. (pnw4wda) to apply for nova funds to maintain trails on private lands that were FS or DNR lands prior to a swap. This is why we still have access (all of us) from the Naches and CleElum side to the rocks.

I don't think it needs to be PM this has been talked about on here before.....At the time I was a member of the NW Binders. When we paid our club dues we had the option to pay PNW dues at the same time so I did each year. One year I tried to pay for PNW and it was explained to me by our club prez at the time Dale Arnet that the PNW wanted everyone in the club to join or no one. It was all or none!:eeek:
Not everyone in the NW Binders is into offroading so it was forced upon us to be none......This is the way I remember it but Pokey I believe has a slightly different expanation.

I don't think it needs to be PM this has been talked about on here before.....At the time I was a member of the NW Binders. When we paid our club dues we had the option to pay PNW dues at the same time so I did each year. One year I tried to pay for PNW and it was explained to me by our club prez at the time Dale Arnet that the PNW wanted everyone in the club to join or no one. It was all or none!:eeek:
Not everyone in the NW Binders is into offroading so it was forced upon us to be none......This is the way I remember it but Pokey I believe has a slightly different expanation.

Been discussed in other threads. its off topic here so please bring back a old thread to discuss it. Thanks Jim :awesomework:

Just wish everyone in the PNW4WDA was as open as you & all wheelers could unite under one org...
The PNW4WDA is only one group of many. WOHVA is where all ORV users should unite. There would be even a bigger voice if all ORV users were working together. :D

There would be even a bigger voice if all ORV users were working together. :D

Agreed...but the PNW4WDA has been doing this for a long time and they have the respect & ear of the FS/DNR. I am concerned that they are not fighting for my interests. Sure they are fighting to keep the trails open, but at what expense...do they whisper to the FS/DNR that all would be better if the big tire buggy folks would go away?

I'd like to think they are looking out for all wheelers & I would have believed that a few years ago, but I have seen things & read things that make me doubt. I hope I am wrong & it really is only a few that feel this way.

I am just typing out loud :scratchhead:

This thread is a perfect example of what's wrong with this community. It was started with good intentions, passing along relevant information, and instead of focusing on the issues that WILL get land shut down for everybody, half the posters are sniveling about Jeeps vs buggies vs wheelers vs PNW vs WOW.

Honestly, who the fawk cares?

It's time to realize all that **** is meaningless to anybody outside this forum?? Trails getting shut down will be unilateral, regardless of what you drive or what your club affiliation is.

Isn't it time to focus on what really matters here? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest posts