• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Manastash meadows up by the rocks.

Kat

Kat Woman, Wheelin superhero!
talked to Mikki and she noted that some a$$holes in buggies tore up the meadows up by the rocks. This is unacceptable, and we all need to post-up on the various forums we belong to for folks to knock this kind of crap off. It makes us all look bad, even though only a small number of folks do this kind of senseless stuff. Help get the word out to stay on the trails, our hobby depends on it.

Just passing on info..................

Kat

I have been up there a few times this summer and will keep an eye out. Next time I will stop by some camps and let them know what you said as well Kat.

Why does everyone always blame the ****in buggies? Maybe in this instance it was a buggie, but I feel they get blamed for every dipshit with 4 wheel drive.

I'm stepping off my soapbox. I'll be contacting Miki as I would love to help her out with this. Anyone else that wants to help...

Miki Douglas
509-852-1051

She says buggy's because of the track width. Could of been fullsize pickups. But I doubt it because there is also a section where someone with the same trackwidth went off trail. That section has tighter trees leading us to believe it was a buggy. There is also another section where a bypass has been established. It looks like there may of been snow blocking the trail and not where the bypass was established.

The section in the meadow is on the 4w307 near where the trail use to go thru a section named "The Gunhole". That section was put to sleep a number of years ago because of "water issues".

These instances of resource damage has brought about the talk of following the example set by the Naches Ranger district.

I know of this because Mikki is my supervisor. We were together when we saw the damage.

There is a trail in the Nile area we ran on saturday of Memorial weekend, Some of the guys were on the trail again on sunday and a meadow with a small turn down hill was wiped out. On our way out on saturday we passed a group of riggs going in and some of our group talked with them and they were from the west side. I think one was described as a red toyota with 40 or 42 inch tires. They were sitting at the bottom of the hill in 2 wheel drive digging craters up the hill.
The guys that ran it on sunday said it is nuked in there, On of our guys is on 37 or 38 and he said he didnt think his rig would make it now and it works very good.
This has to stop our we wont have any where to go, I wish some people would get this threw there thick head.

There is a trail in the Nile area we ran on saturday of Memorial weekend, Some of the guys were on the trail again on sunday and a meadow with a small turn down hill was wiped out. On our way out on saturday we passed a group of riggs going in and some of our group talked with them and they were from the west side. I think one was described as a red toyota with 40 or 42 inch tires. They were sitting at the bottom of the hill in 2 wheel drive digging craters up the hill.
The guys that ran it on sunday said it is nuked in there, On of our guys is on 37 or 38 and he said he didnt think his rig would make it now and it works very good.
This has to stop our we wont have any where to go, I wish some people would get this threw there thick head.

Pic's and descriptions can be sent to Brad Martin with the Yakima Sheriff's office. Also ORV Trail Watch. And as you know a member in your club can deal with it also.

Lets see them pics of your meadow stompin adventure LARRY.:corn:
There is a difference between pulling off the trail to get out of other peoples way Brad and what these people do. tearing up ground where erosion can be a problem and meadow damage is not something I do or anybody I am with do. In my opinion there are not enough trail signs up there. It does not matter how many signs or warnings rangers or volunteers post up there will still be cowboys out there trying to have a good time not realizing the damage they are doing to the terrain and the image they portray for our sport. The best we can do is help to educate people and clean up the mess.

There is a difference between pulling off the trail to get out of other peoples way Brad and what these people do. tearing up ground where erosion can be a problem and meadow damage is not something I do or anybody I am with do. In my opinion there are not enough trail signs up there. It does not matter how many signs or warnings rangers or volunteers post up there will still be cowboys out there trying to have a good time not realizing the damage they are doing to the terrain and the image they portray for our sport. The best we can do is help to educate people and clean up the mess.

is this what you guys are talking about ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7DEdHLLvqA

She says buggy's because of the track width. Could of been fullsize pickups. But I doubt it because there is also a section where someone with the same trackwidth went off trail. That section has tighter trees leading us to believe it was a buggy. There is also another section where a bypass has been established. It looks like there may of been snow blocking the trail and not where the bypass was established.

The section in the meadow is on the 4w307 near where the trail use to go thru a section named "The Gunhole". That section was put to sleep a number of years ago because of "water issues".

These instances of resource damage has brought about the talk of following the example set by the Naches Ranger district.

I know of this because Mikki is my supervisor. We were together when we saw the damage.

It is bullshit to blame this on "buggies" because of track width. What is the track width of a buggy? I've seen samurais with a 90" track width and I've seen buggies with a 74" track width. Track width is absolutely no indication of what kind of rig caused some damage.

It is bullshit to blame this on "buggies" because of track width. What is the track width of a buggy? I've seen samurais with a 90" track width and I've seen buggies with a 74" track width. Track width is absolutely no indication of what kind of rig caused some damage.

The "BS" is what was done to tear up the areas torn up.

Who cares really--its a mute point--are we not all in the same boat here? Somebody did it, what type of rig did it doesn't really matter. Now granted the enforcent folks need to not play the pointing game on a particular type of rig unless its seen first hand...

But arguing this fact is just another example why we are doomed because we are too busy and waist too much effort in arguing amoung ourselfs.

Everyone should care. The segregation of buggy vs. jeep vs. toyota vs. samurai vs. fullsize vs. whatever is almost as big a problem in the 4x4 community as the jerks who caused this damage. Unless someone witnessed the act, it should never be stated "some a$$holes in buggies tore up the meadows" or "some a$$holes in jeeps tore up the meadows" it should just be "some a$$holes tore up the meadows". We will never make any progress if people can't get past blaming certain types of rig for problems like this instead of blaming the people that are driving the rigs.

Everyone should care. The segregation of buggy vs. jeep vs. toyota vs. samurai vs. fullsize vs. whatever is almost as big a problem in the 4x4 community as the jerks who caused this damage. Unless someone witnessed the act, it should never be stated "some a$$holes in buggies tore up the meadows" or "some a$$holes in jeeps tore up the meadows" it should just be "some a$$holes tore up the meadows". We will never make any progress if people can't get past blaming certain types of rig for problems like this instead of blaming the people that are driving the rigs.

I would not waste another breath trying to unring the Buggie v Jeep v Everyone else bell.

Look at what the Naches Ranger District did this year. That may damn well be the result of this inapproiate resource damage.

And I can't agree more on the "some a$$holes tore up the meadows" and thats how it should be addressed. But you missed the point I was trying to make regarding "who" did it--it was done...

Who cares really--its a mute point--are we not all in the same boat here? Somebody did it, what type of rig did it doesn't really matter. Now granted the enforcent folks need to not play the pointing game on a particular type of rig unless its seen first hand...

But arguing this fact is just another example why we are doomed because we are too busy and waist too much effort in arguing amoung ourselfs.
:clappy::clappy::awesomework: