• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Manastash Ridge Trail - curious...

I think often in the mind of the officer it's unclear mostly due to them not caring as much as we do. They have other obligations to attend to as well. I guess my point was be carefull as if you use what you said as a defense in court you will get nowhere fast and I wouldn't want to be the one who told everyone to "run it".:cheer:

I believe we have established (by one of you own threads, even) that "going to court" is unlikely......very unlikely.

I have no problem giving folks the info they want.:awesomework:

And I could care less about this particular trail........personally and as of recently, I only go to Naches once a year. But it looks like if someone that is concerned about any legalities about this particular trail, could even find it and wanted to run it.......possibly could, without any repercussions.

This is real life info.:cheer:

And I could care less about this particular trail........personally and as of recently, I only go to Naches once a year. But it looks like if someone that is concerned about any legalities about this particular trail, could even find it and wanted to run it.......possibly could, without any repercussions.

This is real life info.:cheer:

May not be person repercussions but there would be to the sport--more negativeness torwards it....

Only if you tell.....

You don't have to. Over there its very evident when these kinds of things happen. You have to remember there are a bunch of old skool guys who run those trails constantly durring the summer months. There is also a ranger with a well setup jeep that goes out from what I can recall.

Bottom line its foolish to not only probagate these types of actions but of course do them...

Over there its very evident when these kinds of things happen.

Well, apparently so. And apparently little is done to detour/correct it. Maybe driving an "old trail" is not the crime:rolleyes: that we think it is.:scratchhead:

I believe we have established (by one of you own threads, even) that "going to court" is unlikely......very unlikely.
................................ it looks like if someone that is concerned about any legalities about this particular trail, could even find it and wanted to run it.......possibly could, without any repercussions.
I think what you're thinking of was the thread about a specific type of trespassing but what people tend to forget on these kind of things is two fold. First you (anyone) ASSUME what you would be charged with and that it would be such and such cost and second if the LEO wanted to they could charge you with something way worse than what you actually did "throwing the book at you" and even though it may not stick it could cost you lots$$$$$ to get yourself out of it. In example you think you're just driving down a unmarked trail only to be charged with the value of all of the damaged trees on this trail. Good luck proving they were damaged before you got there.:;

Well, apparently so. And apparently little is done to detour/correct it. Maybe driving an "old trail" is not the crime:rolleyes: that we think it is.:scratchhead:

Bottom line is I think you're basically right it's not as bad as many want us to believe but the potential is still there to be much worse than it should be.:booo: IMHO the laws are there for "the man" to put a stop to many things but for whatever reason they choose not to.

On another note I would like to ask that people please don't screw up the woods over there like they do on this side. There still exists scenic/ nature type of wheeling that everyone can enjoy so please keep it that way. :awesomework:

On another note I would like to ask that people please don't screw up the woods over there like they do on this side. There still exists scenic/ nature type of wheeling that everyone can enjoy so please keep it that way. :awesomework:

One reason I love it over there--well said :cool:

......and we're back to the beginning. Please don't **** up our woods. If you do, please don't tell everybody.

The old 601 trail you guys refer to is the current 330 trail. The trail was closed years ago due to the steep hill you refer to. The Wandering Willys Jeep club through the PNW re-routed the trail around the closed area to reopen it somewhere close to 15 years ago now. I was part of that process.
I don't know of any trails out of Tripod flats and unless it's a marked trail don't run it. There were issues last year with people making illegal trails out of the meadow and the USFS is looking at options now with how to deal with people going off trail in the meadow. It's beyond me why people can't follow a simple two track through a meadow.

The old 601 trail you guys refer to is the current 330 trail. The trail was closed years ago due to the steep hill you refer to. The Wandering Willys Jeep club through the PNW re-routed the trail around the closed area to reopen it somewhere close to 15 years ago now. I was part of that process.
I don't know of any trails out of Tripod flats and unless it's a marked trail don't run it. There were issues last year with people making illegal trails out of the meadow and the USFS is looking at options now with how to deal with people going off trail in the meadow. It's beyond me why people can't follow a simple two track through a meadow.

Ya, this "trail" is up further than the 330. For reference, if you're at that top junction that drops off towards the rocks and if you're coming back to tripod flats it's maybe 1/4 mile and it's like makinf a slight left and heads straight down, it's just before a creek crossing/large puddle on your way back down to tripod flats, WELL before the 330 junction.

Ya, we were wondering the same thing when we saw tire tracks out in the middle of BFE in the meadow. :mad::mad::mad:

Take a picture of it next time.... I was just through there last friday and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but I had other things to worry about....At the large puddle the trail makes a hard right? Are you still on the ridge when it makes the left? Naches being on the left side and manastash on the right...loosely...

I wonder if their talking about the lost lake turn off Mitch :eeek: Kinda sounds like it but its a little ways from tripod. Closer to the shoestring region 4 meadows turnoff

I wonder if their talking about the lost lake turn off Mitch :eeek: Kinda sounds like it but its a little ways from tripod. Closer to the shoestring region 4 meadows turnoff

From the description it sounds like they are almost still on the ridge...like upper woodpecker or your hill....:D That would make sense though if they were coming up from Buck meadows... there is a big hole just before you get on the ridge and just before the shoestring/Region4 turnoff there is a trail to the left....but it has a # and is fairly well established IIRC.

Last edited:

I don't remember Lost lake having a steep hill at the beginning of the trail.....

I don't remember Lost lake having a steep hill at the beginning of the trail.....

Its a hill but I wouldnt call it steep. and its a downhill from the main trail:eeek:

Maybe Murk will chime in here soon. I dont think theres a loose rock up there that he dosent know where it is or where it was.:redneck:

Latest posts