• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

manual tranny bouncer?

I will neeeeeeeeevvvveeeeerrrrr run a manual again. I hate having to mess with a clutch on the side of a hill and every time you hit a rock you have to hurry up and pull in the clutch before it stalls and bla bla bla. Plus if your having to bang out another gear while going up a hill it seems the auto can do it faster and lose less wheel speed without you having to take your hands off the wheel. Not to mention the whole reverse thing.

My next one will be auto or I won't own a next one.

Bottom line is what works for you. Do you want cheap and reliable. Get a manual.
You want better performance and easier drivability get an auto. Both have trade offs.
Bottom line do you want to be the fastest up the hill or do you want to know that at the end of the week your tranny don't need to be rebuilt?
For the stage I'm at in my hobby. Cost and reliability out way overall performance. Just my 2 cents.

Iirc the Mean Bean was built with a manual trans. Not sure if that's changed since the initial build.

My buggy has an SM465. I have the TH350 in the shop and am looking for a 205 for it.......
620ed1c3dd779a27d9923abdbf7cdcbb.jpg

Re: Re: manual tranny bouncer?

Beerj said:
Somebody looking for Mr. Manuela Bouncèr?
Hahahahahaha

On a serious note go auto I used to be a hard core manual guy, last truck I bought was an auto, and last two "trail rigs" were. Go auto if your hurt somones more than likely to be able to drive it out without screwing up your rig and maybe your wife, the reason I went auto is my wife but I don't regret it.

Also manuals are more expensive to buy and rebuild in my experience....

Spider buggy had a 4500 in it for a while , never had enough wheel speed in 2nd and 3rd gear pulls off idle didn't cut it, same wih my Rockwelled Yj when I had it, on the rev in 2nd didn't have the wheel speed and the jump to 3rd was way to much , auto for bouncing and there's a reason for it :****:

Latest posts