• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MassFlo injection, trash or???

arkrawler

I have a mass flo injection system on a small chevy engine and can't get it to do anything right. I hate to trash it but it is absolutely of no use like it is. If anyone can help please let me know. I am starting to think I need to trash it and just buy a Fast system and be done. HELP PLEASE!!!

gomer pyle said:
Mine works great. Have you called massflow, they have great tech support
And FAST does not. FAST is good if you have a good knowledge of general EFI sensor parameters.

We have a mass flo kit on our 427 boss and it runs like **** , called the tech support and all they kept telling us is read ur manual it wiil not idle and it fouls out plugs.

I run the fast system works great once igot it dialed in .I didn't have any problem with their tech department and have instaled 3 other systems with no problems

take it to bryan cole he is the one that instaled that kit and it ran great when i had it.

That setup use to run great, I'm sure it's something simple, but all the efi stuff has a learning curve. If you do go fast and have any troubles I've got a buddy running it on a 5:10 in the eighth small block car that knows the systems very well that could help you.

Elliott said:
That setup use to run great, I'm sure it's something simple, but all the efi stuff has a learning curve. If you do go fast and have any troubles I've got a buddy running it on a 5:10 in the eighth small block car that knows the systems very well that could help you.
Thanks for your help, the problem I have is it won't tach over 3500 without hitting the limit, timing is set right, and have replaced just about everything else. I have called the MassFlo tech dept. and all I get is the designer talking to me like I am a dumbass, which I guess I am, but they keep telling me the system will re-learn itself. I have put several MILES on this thing and it seems like instead of me being the dumbass, the system is cause it hasn't learned a thing yet. Seems like a system this expensive would be easier to trouble shoot and the tech dept. would be a lot more helpful. I guess they don't like repeat business or us rock crawlers, don't know which.

Did you keep the same pump, filter and line set up. Wonder if it's a pressure issue?I think Mcbroom said when that kit was originally put on it didn't run right and there ended up being a ground problem, Brian Cole got it right for him I'm sure they could help you.Just a couple of things to look for hope that helps.

arkrawler said:
Thanks for your help, the problem I have is it won't tach over 3500 without hitting the limit, timing is set right, and have replaced just about everything else. I have called the MassFlo tech dept. and all I get is the designer talking to me like I am a dumbass, which I guess I am, but they keep telling me the system will re-learn itself. I have put several MILES on this thing and it seems like instead of me being the dumbass, the system is cause it hasn't learned a thing yet. Seems like a system this expensive would be easier to trouble shoot and the tech dept. would be a lot more helpful. I guess they don't like repeat business or us rock crawlers, don't know which.
I had a similar issue with my FI set up at first, it took a while to figure out what was wrong. Everytime I started the engine everything was reset back to new, or how it came. The computer was erasing everything it learned each time the engine was shut off, the problem was that I had everything under the main shutoff switch and the FI system requires a constant 12 volts to retain memory. After about 2-3 runs it finally settled down and started running great.
Not sure what set up you have, but I think the Mass Flow is only good up to so much horsepower, I know your engine should be atleast 500, and you may be running out of fuel... just a thought
I used the Power-Jection III, and its rated for up to 550 rwhp, my engine dynoed just over that in a mustang. At wot it will lean out just a lil but not enough to cause issues. Try a fuel pressure gauge and see what it shows when it starts to act up.

FroggF350 said:
I had a similar issue with my FI set up at first, it took a while to figure out what was wrong. Everytime I started the engine everything was reset back to new, or how it came. The computer was erasing everything it learned each time the engine was shut off, the problem was that I had everything under the main shutoff switch and the FI system requires a constant 12 volts to retain memory. After about 2-3 runs it finally settled down and started running great.
Not sure what set up you have, but I think the Mass Flow is only good up to so much horsepower, I know your engine should be atleast 500, and you may be running out of fuel... just a thought
I used the Power-Jection III, and its rated for up to 550 rwhp, my engine dynoed just over that in a mustang. At wot it will lean out just a lil but not enough to cause issues. Try a fuel pressure gauge and see what it shows when it starts to act up.
Thanks for your help will try that. This system worked great on my other buggy so I know it is a capable system.