• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Buggy Updates & Essentially Offroad KOH Rebuild & Prep

Lookin badass, love the CO mounts and the dash is a very nice update on the ol girl ! Well done EOR ! drool

Yeah thanks P, I am real happy with how it is coming along. Body should be finally done from paint this Saturday, wiring is essentially done I am just taking my time and being OCD with the wire routing and all that. I wired up the new winch to a momentary switch in the dash, so it will be killer to control the winch in/out with a switch that is right next to my ARB controls. I am thinking the changes will make this rig a lot more realiable, and I am looking fwd to wheeling some this year. I also think the rear light mounts look killer when they are all lit up. I found some bad twisted splines on my Yukon inner so I replaced all the Yukon stuff with Ten Factory from ECGS and will use the yukons as spares. I will try and take a few pics tonight and post up, but it should definately be ready by Feb Frenzy...

Cool! I like the updates. By the way, if you ever want to do the engine upgrades to what mine are, you should have no problem with the injection as long as Jim jacks the computer sky high. I can get you hooked up with my engine guy. Noah is familiar with him also. All he does is ground up race engines, and rebuilds. Machine shop in house.
Hope to see ya at the Frenzy.

HotRodpayton said:
Cool! I like the updates. By the way, if you ever want to do the engine upgrades to what mine are, you should have no problem with the injection as long as Jim jacks the computer sky high. I can get you hooked up with my engine guy. Noah is familiar with him also. All he does is ground up race engines, and rebuilds. Machine shop in house.
Hope to see ya at the Frenzy.

What mods did you make to yours, I would be interested in what was done to yours and about what it cost. I would really, really like to throw an LS into it over the next year or two, but then again that is a lot of work and changes to something that works now. I have added Cam & Flash and that is about it.

Vavle springs,flat tops, cam is more healthy than a ramjet, intake, forged crank, h beam rods, my cam is a 4- 7 swap torque cam. If u want me to I will get the specs,it has good power all throuh the rpm ranges. Best part is it runs minimal stall conv. Ricky is very reasonable,and.a great guy to deal with. My engine was a swap on some work, but he warranties his engines, and he won't stab you.

That sounds cool, if you would PM me his info and some ballpark prices if you have any and I will talk to him at some point down the road probably. Does he tune the ECM also or did you have somebody do that?

No ecm, I'm on pane.

Well I finally got my oil pressure gauge fixed, installed a mechanical one in it's place :flipoff1:

I got my body panels back from Steven, TK's buddy, last night and was truely impressed. I had flopped and landed on my hood in Harlan, also I had but a large dent in each side of the cowl, needless to say it was ROUGH! Panels look brand new, can't tell they were ever damaged. I really only lack bolting all the interior and exterior panels back on and I will be done. I sent my belts to Crow for re-certification, so that is all I am waiting on to ride.

Pics after the weekend!

Pics................................................................

Did ya stay the same color??

Matt O. said:
Well I finally got my oil pressure gauge fixed, installed a mechanical one in it's place :flipoff1:

I got my body panels back from Steven, TK's buddy, last night and was truely impressed. I had flopped and landed on my hood in Harlan, also I had but a large dent in each side of the cowl, needless to say it was ROUGH! Panels look brand new, can't tell they were ever damaged. I really only lack bolting all the interior and exterior panels back on and I will be done. I sent my belts to Crow for re-certification, so that is all I am waiting on to ride.

Pics after the weekend!

Close enough, get some pics up stretch nutz ! laughing1 Good to hear ol girl's getting a refresh !

Few shots, just need seat belts and skins bolted up. See you at Feb Frenzy.

Few pics of the finished dash and interior, I will add two switches to the pass side for trans fan and horn. The red tail light in the pics is just a spare I had laying around until my clear lens tail light gets here.

I spent some time on the wheels and lock rings, I think they look pretty damn good for 5 year old wheels. If you have aluminum wheels that have oxidized, or any aluminum for that matter, try some Eagle1 Etching Mag Wheel Cleaner on them. Spray on, rinse off. It is insane how good it works..

[attachment deleted by admin]

I know this guy liked how it turned out!

Looks Damn good Matt. Nice attention to Detail.

Buggy looks good Matt! Who's that creepy guy trying to steal your kid?? laughing1

what's up with the two water temp gauges??

Nice reworking! You always gonna have a passenger to keep an eye on the water temps? :flipoff1:

biggy said:
what's up with the two water temp gauges??

The one on the passenger side is actually trans temp, I had an old water temp gauge and did not want to spend $70 bucks on a new gauge that says Trans on it instead of Water :flipoff1:

My tranny cooler has a built in fan on a thermastat switch so I am not worried too much about seeing the temp when I am trail riding, I can always turn the fan on all the time if needed also. The gauge is mainly there for a racing where I will have a co driver and then it is their job to monitor the trans and I will watch the water temp. Also putting the trans fan switch and horn switch on the pass side also. Horn is already mounted and wired, just need to cut the dash for the switch, will do it before May.

Looks like your (future) Co- Driver wants to drive instead of just watching. :****:

Buggy looks great Matt. I like the door bars much better. The Black looks sick!! Hands down my favorite buggy color! I just about went all Black on mine this time around.......

Few more pics: