• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's Buggy Updates & Essentially Offroad KOH Rebuild & Prep

This thread hasn't been updated in a while, I have been slowly working towards getting the buggy ready to race KOH/Ultra 4 Type Racing again. After racing in KOH '09 there were a lot of things that could be improved to make the buggy more competitive. It has been a slow process, but most of the mods I have made in the past 1.5 years were geared around Ultra 4 Type Racing. I am pretty pleased with the changes, the car feels more balanced and seems to work well considering what I am working with suspension wise. I feel like I the biggest upgrades include being more prepared. We have more fuel capacity now, more tools/parts, and Daniel and I both have KOH experience. I am a broken record I know, but without the help of Jimmy Penner and the crew at Essentially Offroad I wouldn't be able to do this. The car needed some things changed and I couldn't get it to EOR until 2 weeks ago. Jimmy was slammed but he made sure it was done and he made sure it was ready by the 2 week deadline I had. If you have dealt with EOR before then you know what I am talking about, if you haven't then you are missing out. Thanks to Daniel Parker, Cole Shirley & Adam Adair also. From getting me parts at a discount and helping with just about everything including a full day of prep, to letting me borrow tires/wheels off their rig, and for a sweet enclosed trailer on loan! They have all helped out and lent me a hand in some way and it is much appreciated. Should be a good trip to Missouri, I believe there will be coverage on Pirate 4x4 of the race Saturday if anyone wants to watch. Hopefully we can qualify for KOH '11.

Anyway here are some pics. 1st is on the way to EOR.

[attachment deleted by admin]

looks good i have always wandered way all of the racers at KOH did not mount their spare using lug nuts like you and use a strap since it seamed like there was alot of lost tires in the past years

Buggy looks good. Can you see your brake lights from behind, or is the spare in the way?

Travis said:
Buggy looks good. Can you see your brake lights from behind, or is the spare in the way?

You can kinda see them. We will flip the panel up if they have issue with it, and hopefully not roll and ruin all the lights. ;D

That buggy looks flashemifyougotem

benfowler87 said:
Somebody tell me what the "race air" thing is.

It is a special "levitation" button, kind of like Hyperspace on Defender....when you get in a real pickle, you can hit it one time during a race and air shoots up and out and will get you out of a sticky spot.

All the cool kids have it.

benfowler87 said:
Somebody tell me what the "race air" thing is.

Pumps fresh air into the helmets via hoses if your helment has an air duct

So give us an update what braoke and what do you want to change before KOH11

As far as what all broke, Just a hole in the front diff. and maybe a cut tire. Not sure about the tire cause it was holding air when we loaded it and when we unloaded it, it was flat.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
As far as what all broke, Just a hole in the front diff. and maybe a cut tire. Not sure about the tire cause it was holding air when we loaded it and when we unloaded it, it was flat.

Any damage from the rollovers? Figure out why it was running funny?

It has some bent tubes in a few places and the body panels are pretty beat up also.
It was running like crap a few times because it had burnt plug wires. Matt is gone on vacation for a week so he won't be able to really look into it until he gets back.

Hole in front diff cover, all the body panels except the cowl are junk, motor needs plugs/wires and maybe some other ****, tire has a slow leak. The crappy part is the hood/grill since they are a bitch to make. Most all of the damage was from the roll, without that it would be very minimal

I'm sure even after all the time and money you will spend re vamping the rig, it will be all worth it knowing you qualified for the hammers! :dblthumb:

Man going and watching all the drivers on the same line/obstacles over and over. Shows you where you can/should be picking it up.

Jab is a freaking wild man, and Shannon just leaves it on the pipe. On Double Whammy the guys that wooded it and never lifted when they started at the left line had zero problems. Everyone who pulled up timid ended up many tries, many saves, a few rolls, broken, and lossing time. Dont get me wrong I'd a probably rolled 10 times in my shadow at the base, but now watching the guys that finished and were at the top. They were not scared to wood it and let them sonsabitchin' reds EAT!!!

InDaShop said:
Man going and watching all the drivers on the same line/obstacles over and over. Shows you where you can/should be picking it up.

Jab is a freaking wild man, and Shannon just leaves it on the pipe. On Double Whammy the guys that wooded it and never lifted when they started at the left line had zero problems. Everyone who pulled up timid ended up many tries, many saves, a few rolls, broken, and lossing time. Dont get me wrong I'd a probably rolled 10 times in my shadow at the base, but now watching the guys that finished and were at the top. They were not scared to wood it and let them sonsabitchin' reds EAT!!!
That was a really long winded way of telling matt to take his tampon out and stay in the gas :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
That was a really long winded way of telling matt to take his tampon out and stay in the gas :flipoff1:
bawahaaa wasnt pointing at Matt alone, 2/3'rds of the field Mary Susan'd it up that **** finally. Even throttle jockey Brian Shirley was taking it easy.
:flipoff1:

Latest posts