• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

May 16th 2010 Reiter Trail marking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel bad Eric--me and kyle(rookie) will be driving from Auburn after a late night prior.

Dare I say that if one was to show up at 11:30am, 2 hours late, they could still be apart of the happenings.:corn:

Yes, I could.:D

Don't feel bad Eric--me and kyle(rookie) will be driving from Auburn after a late night prior.

No worries.

I know a passenger makes most drives much nicer. At least my car is easier to drive then my 4runner.

Dare I say that if one was to show up at 11:30am, 2 hours late, they could still be apart of the happenings.:corn:

Yes, I could.:D

:flipoff: U

I'm going to be pissed it that happens

Or fat from all the good eats in the morning :awesomework:

Thanks everyone, I hope everyone had fun. I will try to get the new revisions of what was marked today and get them posted for all to see

Soooooo, what's the word???

Did you guys frolic around the woods holding hands or what???

Sorry I couldn't make it, I'll be up again to help out in the future...

Thanks for all the effort guys and gals...

The entire 4x4 group stayed in Area 1. Our group (8 of us) walked and tagged 4-5 miles of the GPS tracks provided by (nowires) the DNR. The 2 other groups walked and tagged other trails. Then Charlie and I walked and tagged a new route. Got done at 2:30pm or so.

Area 1 is an area that was heavily used (and damaged) by the bike guys, when Reiter was open. There is some slight elevation difference (200 feet) and the area has lots of "dens" or small craters. These dens are fun and make a "flat area" more fun to drive through and easier to place and hold rocks that normally move around.

While the area will need clearing of nuisance brush, we didn't do any real clearing. As covering ground was more important for the days task........tagging a trail corridor.

There is no running water and very little natural (large) rock. For those that were there with us, it is now CRYSTAL CLEAR that discussing the trail corridor location is a moot point; as all trails will be "man-made" in one way, or another. We will use as many of the 'popular' natural features as possible, though.

The important thing to focus on is the actual mileage we are allowed to work with, along with the delivery logistics of the materials (rocks) to the build site/trail. The placement of each trail and it's corresponding difficulty, will be directly dependent on ease of construction. Isn't it always.......

My opinion and vision: harder trails on the outside, easier trails on the inside. Logistics.:awesomework:

Side note: The Restoration work parties have reached it's goal for the time being. Work parties from hear on out will be trail marking/design/building oriented.

Last edited:
The entire 4x4 group stayed in Area 1. Our group (8 of us) walked and tagged 4-5 miles of the GPS tracks provided by (nowires) the DNR. The 2 other groups walked and tagged other trails. Then Charlie and I walked and tagged a new route. Got done at 2:30pm or so.

Area 1 is an area that was heavily used (and damaged) by the bike guys, when Reiter was open. There is some slight elevation difference (200 feet) and the area has lots of "dens" or small craters. These dens are fun and make a "flat area" more fun to drive through and easier to place and hold rocks that normally move around.

While the area will need clearing of nuisance brush, we didn't do any real clearing. As covering ground was more important for the days task........tagging a trail corridor.

There is no running water and very little natural (large) rock. For those that were there with us, it is now CRYSTAL CLEAR that discussing the trail corridor location is a moot point; as all trails will be "man-made" in one way, or another. We will use as many of the 'popular' natural features as possible, though.

The important thing to focus on is the actual mileage we are allowed to work with, along with the delivery logistics of the materials (rocks) to the build site/trail. The placement of each trail and it's corresponding difficulty, will be directly dependent on ease of construction. Isn't it always.......

My opinion and vision: harder trails on the outside, easier trails on the inside. Logistics.:awesomework:

Side note: The Restoration work parties have reached it's goal for the time being. Work parties from hear on out will be trail marking/design/building oriented.

:awesomework:

Good new Mark.. when is the next work party?

The DNR mentioned Reiter on their online blog...

blogphoto-reiter5-16-10workparty.jpg

http://washingtondnr.wordpress.com/2010/05/19/reiter-foothills-forest-update-making-progress-with-motorized-trail-planning/

Status
Not open for further replies.