• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Meals while camping

Does nache's have any good fishing spots around it? I cook up a mean lemon butter trout, over the campfire. :awesomework:

Eric your coming up to naches this summer with us right? good time to use some of these ideas. :corn:

Eric your coming up to naches this summer with us right? good time to use some of these ideas. :corn:

umm the planing of that event has been in the works longer then you have known about it. And yes that is what I am thinking about and trying to get some ideas together.

Spicy hot links on a bun with cream cheese. Easy and few things to cary. Dry ice in the cooler is another good trick I've learned to keep the cooler dry and cold for a few days without having to add ice.

Spicy hot links on a bun with cream cheese. Easy and few things to cary. Dry ice in the cooler is another good trick I've learned to keep the cooler dry and cold for a few days without having to add ice.

How long does dry ice last compared to regular ice? I know its going to be colder, but for how long compared to regular ice?

manifold burritos for lunch, make em at home, wrap them up in tin foil and wedge them someplace. I wanna make an exhaust manifold cooker like the one in pirates toy section.

Heat up some olive oil in a pot rub a 5lb
leg of lamb with garlic salt and course ground pepper
sear the meat brown in oil add 3 jars of grey poupon
mustard all over the lamb and add 3 bottels of cheap
red wine simmer/boil for 3 hours
longer = more tender and enjoy:awesomework::cheer::awesomework:

How long does dry ice last compared to regular ice? I know its going to be colder, but for how long compared to regular ice?

Put 4pounds dry ice(I don't know how big your cooler is)on the bottom of your cooler and cover with 1 bag of regular ice. Cover with empty beer box or cardboard, and your stuff in the cooler on top. This lasts me two days easy usually three.

As long you minimize opening the cooler too often it works well.

I'll usually do french toast and bacon for breakfast... Sometimes pancakes... And the omelet in a zip lock is always great...

Sammiches or burritos for lunch... If there's any leftover egg from breakfast I'll make breakfast burritos for lunch...

Carne Asada with some Pico de Gallo and maybe chorizo for dinner is always a crowd pleaser...:cool:

If we do hot dogs, we do what we call "Spider Dogs"... Real simple, you put the dog on your stick poking threw the middle and cut a cross on each end about 1/3 of the way in... When you roast them over the fire the ends spread out like spider legs and get all crispy... The kids love 'em...:redneck:

Others would be, taco salad, personal pizzas or of course burgers... But, they have to be the bacon and cheese angus ones... I've also brought my homemade chili...:awesomework:

I always hit up the local meat shop for individual packaged, premarinated steaks etc, and as the Barbie is firin up the meat I have Lipton Sidekicks on the stove. Easy to make, stuffed as **** after.

A easy one if you want quick easy.... Tortillas string cheese and sandwich meat plus what ever condiments just roll it up easier IMO then making a while sandwich