• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Memorial Day Pics...

Hey I go 2 CWU and I have my jeep here.... I was just wondering if u can like specifically explain to me where you guys went wheeling?? Thanks

There are lots of open and legal trails in the Manastash area, you can get a trail map at the Chamber of Commerce on Main St (around main and 6th or 7th)

What are some of the specs on your Jeep? Lockers? Winch?

Thanks pooh bear, yeah he built it too nice to wheel at first, but he is getting more and more into it. I keep telling him tho I spent twice the money on my rig and get half the compliments :smile:

Last edited:
WOW! I'm glad I decided to check this forum. I got on here to see if anyone had any good pics of Memorial Day weekend up Manastash and all I read is how a bunch of "unprepared" ****tards clogged up the trail. Just to clear the air here, the only rig that had a prob getting anywhere was that POS Broncoc II. He wasn't with us....he knew someone in our group and decided to tag along. My Battle Burb did quite well for the situation and only had to be winched once, and that was on the way back. Everyone was getting along as fast as anyone else would. When we did let the Jeep crew past us at one point, they got stuck about 30 ft. later. We did finally make it to the rocks, and then the Willy's Jeep that was in our group rolled up at the rocks. We didn't get back to camp until 1:30 a.m. I would also like to add that anyone who didn't have anything to say on that trail that day should shut there ****ING mouths on here! It's kinda vagina to get on a forum and talk **** about people just because you don't think they'll find out. I saw a lot of cool rigs on the trail and I hate think they're all driven buy a bunch of douche bags.

... all I read is how a bunch of "unprepared" ****tards clogged up the trail.

True.

... the only rig that had a prob getting anywhere was that POS Broncoc II. He wasn't with us....he knew someone in our group and decided to tag along.

If he knew someone in your group, and tagged along with your group, then he was WITH YOUR GROUP

... My Battle Burb did quite well for the situation and only had to be winched once, and that was on the way back.

Nobody in my group had a problem with your burb? Could use a front locker, but other than that it was entertaining.

... Everyone was getting along as fast as anyone else would.

Bullshit... the 60 yard section that took your group 2 hours to get thru took our group 4 minutes... after your group tore the **** out of it.

... We didn't get back to camp until 1:30 a.m.

Boo ****ing Hoo ... That is what happens when you go snow wheelin' with unprepared ****tards.

...I would also like to add that anyone who didn't have anything to say on that trail that day should shut there ****ING mouths on here! It's kinda vagina to get on a forum and talk **** about people just because you don't think they'll find out.

I know that several people in my group said plenty to the **** shiner in the BII (that was WITH your group). Nobody said **** to you, cause you didn't seem to be causing the problem...

... I saw a lot of cool rigs on the trail and I hate think they're all driven buy a bunch of douche bags.

If you really wanna see a douch bag, you only had to look at the blue pile of **** in front of you on the trail.

Thanks for visiting my thread

:flipoff: :flipoff:

It's lookin like you're goin for the roll of douche bag's! :looser: :fawkdancesmiley: :awesomework: :sommer: :screwdog: :tool:

Well, yeah... I guess if you call a group of well built, well prepared rigs w/ drivers who know what the **** they are doing "douche bags" then that would be us...

I guess if by douche bags you mean no lockers, no winches, unprepared, 2 hours for 60 yards, and leaving trash on the trail (which I picked up after you guys went thru) then that would be you.

You make the call...

Pooh:

Thanks for the great pics. Had a great time and look forward to another day. I appreciate meeting responsible guys on the trail that like to wheel hard.

G-Money0420:

I would hate to think that the world is bearing down on me that hard that some comments would cause me to REACT to it in that fashion. You had one guy that obviously should not have been there due to his attitude and his pile of scrap.

Bullshit... the 60 yard section that took your group 2 hours to get thru took our group 4 minutes... after your group tore the **** out of it.

x100

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Brother Poo. I was in the TJ locked front & rear on 35" beadlocks. I understand waiting on Memorial Day weekend, but what floored me is that it took us a few minutes to pass by and it was un-believable that just yards down the trail were sections with TONS of places to pull off, and then a short spot later there was even spots with DIRT to pull off on.

G-Money0420: Waiting two hours for your group to get by is one thing, but waiting two hours for you to get by because your group was having to take multiple runs and year the crap out of the trail because your vehicles weren't as well suited for the trail AND when we could have been let by and been GONE long before that... THAT's what was frustrating.

"Not having trouble" on the trail was what WE were doing: crawling over the snow, not spinning tires, and walking right through the trees. I don't know what you call it what you were doing, but I saw more spinning tires, bashing against trees, digging of ruts, digging out rigs than I care to remember. :puke:

I'm glad you came on here, because after seeing how self centered your group was (after we discovered how easy it would have been for you to let us by); I'm more than happy to offer you the same feedback here as I would have on the trail had I known how easy it would have been for you to let us by.

Here's some of our pictures from Sunday, and a mine from Monday:

http://picasaweb.google.com/traysonh/MemorialDay08
(this album has all my pictures)

Some Highlights:

What the SHEEP?
DSCF1079.JPG

DSCF1081.JPG

DSCF1084.JPG

DSCF1086.JPG

DSCF1088.JPG

DSCF1091.JPG

DSCF1095.JPG

Pucker Factor on Can Opener:
DSCF1101.JPG

DSCF1104.JPG

DSCF1107.JPG

DSCF1109.JPG

Last edited:
:mad: Monday I went out Solo. What a day..

Just before the "Rabbit Holes", it was a soupy mess. This is what happens when you slide off the bridge (see the plank on the outside right of the shot? That was right at the place where my front diff was trying to go. Oh well, that's what winches are for)
DSCF1114.JPG

DSCF1116.JPG

Yuck:
DSCF1117.JPG

DSCF1118.JPG

Deep and Wet:
DSCF1120.JPG

I had some tire issues. This isn't supposed to happen with Beadlocks. :mad:
DSCF1122.JPG

Deja Vu from the previous day, but doing this by myself wasn't nearly as much fun, even with air tools.
DSCF1123.JPG

I think this says it all about how we felt after the weekend:
DSCF1124.JPG

Poo, it was nice meeting you guys. We definitely went further and harder because of you, and are glad we did.

I'll say the only things that were less than optimal were the two hour wait, and maybe losing the tire when I was rollin' solo. But a good lesson learned none-the-less.

Last edited:
... that tire issue is nothing w/ the arsenal of tools you have stuffed into that Jeep... you could rebuild an engine out of the back of that thing on the side of the trail!

well after wading through 8 pages of some pretty cool pics, and reading about fawktards, douchebags, and the like, I'm convinced the ranger district will never open Manashtash or Naches for Memorial Day weekend ever again. :eeek:

I was in that area last weekend and it's completely tore up. bypasses everyfawkin where, trees with bark scraped off, meadows with tracks every fawkin whichway, and general destruction of the trail system.

I'm not calling anyone out cause I didn't witness anything as I was a mere webwheeler Memorial Day weekend. If it was up to me, I'd close the whole fawkin place down until July 09 so the forest can recover. just my $.02

:corn:

I was in that area last weekend and it's completely tore up. bypasses everyfawkin where, trees with bark scraped off, meadows with tracks every fawkin whichway, and general destruction of the trail system.

I'm not calling anyone out cause I didn't witness anything as I was a mere webwheeler Memorial Day weekend. If it was up to me, I'd close the whole fawkin place down until July 09 so the forest can recover. just my $.02

Sorry to hear ya feel that way... there wasn't even half the traffic as normal this year:booo: It's ok, us eastsiders will police and clean the place up as usual.