• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Memorial Day Pics...

Sorry to hear ya feel that way... there wasn't even half the traffic as normal this year:booo: It's ok, us eastsiders will police and clean the place up as usual.

how should I feel after seeing the trails torn up? like I said, I'm not blaming anyone just making an observation. it sucks dude

Tore up yea, but not nearly as bad as i've seen it over the years... But it still sucks... It was nice on tri-pod... so much snow we never found dirt or mud...

Like anywhere else, it's probably torn up by inexperienced, ill-equipped asshats that think it's cool to go anywhere they point their rig.
Most trails here in WA have seen a huge increase in traffic the last few years. A lot of that traffic is a much more self centered group than it's been in the past.

well after wading through 8 pages of some pretty cool pics, and reading about fawktards, douchebags, and the like, I'm convinced the ranger district will never open Manashtash or Naches for Memorial Day weekend ever again. :eeek:

I was in that area last weekend and it's completely tore up. bypasses everyfawkin where, trees with bark scraped off, meadows with tracks every fawkin whichway, and general destruction of the trail system.

I'm not calling anyone out cause I didn't witness anything as I was a mere webwheeler Memorial Day weekend. If it was up to me, I'd close the whole fawkin place down until July 09 so the forest can recover. just my $.02

:corn:

Pics or ban... Show me how it's worst than two years ago in the winch fest...

Do you ever go on a trail or just bitch about everyone else that does???

Why don't you patrol the trail on the weekdays??? Maybe pick up some trash and report back with your weigh in...

Pics or ban... Show me how it's worst than two years ago in the winch fest...

Do you ever go on a trail or just bitch about everyone else that does???

Why don't you patrol the trail on the weekdays??? Maybe pick up some trash and report back with your weigh in...

Wow a lot of people are getting pretty upset. We should all know by now memorial day weekend should not be weekend you should plan to get places, there is just a lot of people to get through a trail. It is usually about half wheeling and have watching/bsing. It is like that every year, it should be no surprise. Having said that tho the group with the BII could have been more willing to pull aside. But I didn't mind following them, if I really wanted by I would have asked, again its just memorial day weekend. I guess we could say they were "unprepared", but in reality none of them broke or had a terminal stuck or failure, they just werent as well equipped (and probably were having more fun that way!) They always got a rig through, and never asked for help. For the short time (ok distance :D) I was behind them, they sure did tear up the trail, but it was just snow (it melts and changes anyway). If they were doing permanent damage, I did not see it. I don't have 1 thing against them for taking rigs with open diffs, we were all there at one point.

well after wading through 8 pages of some pretty cool pics, and reading about fawktards, douchebags, and the like, I'm convinced the ranger district will never open Manashtash or Naches for Memorial Day weekend ever again. :eeek:

I was in that area last weekend and it's completely tore up. bypasses everyfawkin where, trees with bark scraped off, meadows with tracks every fawkin whichway, and general destruction of the trail system.

I'm not calling anyone out cause I didn't witness anything as I was a mere webwheeler Memorial Day weekend. If it was up to me, I'd close the whole fawkin place down until July 09 so the forest can recover. just my $.02

That sucks...
All it takes is a little common sense and responsibility...
Another trail will eb clsoed... :cheer:

Wow a lot of people are getting pretty upset. We should all know by now memorial day weekend should not be weekend you should plan to get places, there is just a lot of people to get through a trail. It is usually about half wheeling and have watching/bsing. It is like that every year, it should be no surprise. Having said that tho the group with the BII could have been more willing to pull aside. But I didn't mind following them, if I really wanted by I would have asked, again its just memorial day weekend. I guess we could say they were "unprepared", but in reality none of them broke or had a terminal stuck or failure, they just werent as well equipped (and probably were having more fun that way!) They always got a rig through, and never asked for help. For the short time (ok distance :D) I was behind them, they sure did tear up the trail, but it was just snow (it melts and changes anyway). If they were doing permanent damage, I did not see it. I don't have 1 thing against them for taking rigs with open diffs, we were all there at one point.

I wasn't even slightly annoyed with the wait, that is Memorial Weekend wheelin... I was annoyed however when I saw a Suburban bangin it's way through the trail... that pissed me off. The trails are easy and wide enough in the summer time up there :booo: I don't wanna turn this into a fullsize argument by ANY means, but you can't have looked at the burban and told me he wasn't bashing the **** outta trees.... Body damage is one thing and I got plenty of it that weekend, but I didn't use trees as ****in pivot points.

This **** annoys me... here I hate ****ing tree huggers, yet I'm turning into one trying to protect our trails:rolleyes:

I wasn't even slightly annoyed with the wait, that is Memorial Weekend wheelin... I was annoyed however when I saw a Suburban bangin it's way through the trail... that pissed me off. The trails are easy and wide enough in the summer time up there :booo: I don't wanna turn this into a fullsize argument by ANY means, but you can't have looked at the burban and told me he wasn't bashing the **** outta trees.... Body damage is one thing and I got plenty of it that weekend, but I didn't use trees as ****in pivot points.

This **** annoys me... here I hate ****ing tree huggers, yet I'm turning into one trying to protect our trails:rolleyes:

I would usually agree with you on the widening trails argument, but that trail I feel a fullsize can fit through no problem. Without any snow it is easy and you could drive a cadillac through it. I've seen a lot more body damage, even on rigs from this board, on smaller rigs. I didn't personally see him rubbing against any trees on purpose other than a dead one. Just calling it like I see it :D

But I definately agree with you on the tree hugger thing! :booo:

Damn what a pissing contest going on here:haha: I think the points been made so enough already so I dont have to start deleting posts or lock the thread. Great pics pooh I havent been up there on mem day for at least 10 years just because of the crowds. I miss the challenge of the snow on tripod:booo:

Damn what a pissing contest going on here:haha: I think the points been made so enough already so I dont have to start deleting posts or lock the thread. Great pics pooh I havent been up there on mem day for at least 10 years just because of the crowds. I miss the challenge of the snow on tripod:booo:

LOL. Pooh sure seems to attract pissing contests doesn't he???

Although I think it's ironic that one of the points that's being argued in this thread is emphasized right in your sig. (I happen to agree).

It was a fun weekend overall and I'm glad that I went. Ample challege, and honestly even though waiting 2 hours was an annoyance, it wasn't THAT big of deal. (And anyone that really read what we were saying would understand that our gripe WASN'T with the fact that we had to wait 2 hours on a holiday weekend; our gripe was that we had to wait 2 hours and then found out later that our wait was quite unnecessary and it would have taken 1/8 that amount of time or less to let us through.) So again, the crux of our gripe is that we waited 2 hours when it would have taken 10 - 15 minutes or less to let us through. Just a simple matter of respect and thinking about others while on the trails.

I fully understand the issue and even agree with it. But this back and forth crap can stop right now.:whip: