• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Memorial day ride at The Cove??????

tall boy

I love the Memorial day ride the damn locals put on every year. I keep looking for a post but cant find anything.

Anyone know if they are planning it this year? Is the Cove shut down all the way now?

Thanks

Yes, I am on a confrence call now with SFWDA Leadership and that ride is on the schedule of events, Anyone have details?

I asked one the the main Locals (Coy) this weekend and got the following response.

"Doesn't look like it can't get anybody to help."

I guess the club members aren't wanting to put the work in.

JRowe said:
I asked one the the main Locals (Coy) this weekend and got the following response.

"Doesn't look like it can't get anybody to help."

I guess the club members aren't wanting to put the work in.

hate to hear that , that is always one of my favorite rides

I know the last few years they have went above and beyond just a ride, having meals, shirts, raffles, etc.

That's got to be a big undertaking, maybe just scaling it back to a trail ride and get together would be a good idea :dblthumb:

TBItoy said:
I know the last few years they have went above and beyond just a ride, having meals, shirts, raffles, etc.

That's got to be a big undertaking, maybe just scaling it back to a trail ride and get together would be a good idea :dblthumb:

I agree. They have gone above and beyond with the events. Our group looked forward to them every year. And would still go if it was scaled back. Just from preparing and cooking club meals for our bigger rides it gets to be a big pain in the ass. And what they do is a much larger scale

Re:

What is closed? Ask Lurch if the Cove is closed. They ride there every weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re:

Pumpkin said:
What is closed? Ask Lurch if the Cove is closed. They ride there every weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
you know I know better too,I'm at the other end every other weekend and some during the week solo. Just messing with him . There is no place like it imo... I had a nice ride last month up there,had about 50 rigs show up including some old school locals. Had a blast

The cove is open, all the landowner ask is no one riding across the creek behind the church and please don't litter and respect the land and yes there is still a problem with trash most of the problem is local kids on atvs they can bring it in but can't bring it out and he said if swfda wants to have a ride that is fine with him just he just ask that everyone please stay on the church side of the creek at the church house .

Lurch said:
The cove is open, all the landowner ask is no one riding across the creek behind the church and please don't litter and respect the land and yes there is still a problem with trash most of the problem is local kids on atvs they can bring it in but can't bring it out and he said if swfda wants to have a ride that is fine with him just he just ask that everyone please stay on the church side of the creek at the church house .
yep every time we camp near wide ford we pick up broken glass for 20-30 mins before setting up. Really a bunch of BS..

Re: Re: Memorial day ride at The Cove??????

truckbroke said:
Guess I`m just dumb here but, where is this Cove you speak of??
Look at Google maps satellite imagery, it's the big green spot between Tracy City and Sequatchie

Re: Re: Memorial day ride at The Cove??????

TBItoy said:
Look at Google maps satellite imagery, it's the big green spot between Tracy City and Sequatchie
this. The main entrance is in Sequatchie. But there are many other ways in.