• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

military tires , whose using them ? whats your experience with them

Kev, if they are all military tires they will all be for a 16.5 that is the smallest wheel size I have ever seen on anything common enough for there to be surplus for sale.

I know about the 16.5 being military spec...It just looks like ther's other stuff there, and who knows what ya might find! :redneck: (I think I know where he was...)

That is a picture of a surplus yard in Wisconsin, SJR appears to be in Bellingham. Might be hard for him to look for some 15" tires that don't exist in military surplus.

Just cuz those MTRs have the same looking tread as the normal ol 15 inch ones dont mean they work the same.

Thats still a load range E stiff hard rubbered tire for armored humvees.

If it came form the military and is 16.5 then it will SUCK on a light trail rig.

They are not cheap either. Anyone with the newer style bfgs and mtrs from the military is not going to give them away or sell them smokin cheap.

Look on CL and find a normal ol SOFT tire for less money.

Chop Shop is right. If they're load range E then they're JUNK! Don"t bother trying to use load range E tires for wheeling.

When you go up that big you want the tire to flex Scott.You ain't hittin it with the junk anymore LOL

Awesome tire for just a mud rig.But thats about it.
cheers

Chop Shop is right. If they're load range E then they're JUNK! Don"t bother trying to use load range E tires for wheeling.

Got me on that one didnt think about the load range. The tread is still pretty soft on those though on a un armored hmmwv they chunk up on the street pretty fast. they are no were near as hard as the older style tires.

good info guys , someday Ill get the hummer beadlocks, if I find a killer deal with the tires Ill do it for the rims and run them till I get $$ for some swampers

heres a Auction that just ended , little high for me, plus shipping , Illl keep looking

>> 2530 - Vehicular Brake, Steering, Axle, Wheel & Tract Components

Event ID 11346Lot Number 8281

Previous Lot

Next Lot

48195742_gl_large_thumb.jpg

• 48195742_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg
  • 48195782_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg
  • 48195810_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg
  • 48195815_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

4 ea Goodyear mdl Wrangler MT/R size
37x12.50R16.5LT tire and rim

Don't expect them to go for much cheaper than that Scott.Especially with 24 bolts!
I got my 12 bolts from a guy that bought a truckful of them.I got 4 of them ready to mount on an 8 lug rig for $400.
Just go to an auction in person.There are plenty of auctions around our area.
cheers

heres a Auction that just ended , little high for me, plus shipping , Illl keep looking.

>> 2530 - Vehicular Brake, Steering, Axle, Wheel & Tract Components

Event ID 11346Lot Number 8281

Previous Lot

Next Lot

48195742_gl_large_thumb.jpg

• 48195742_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg
  • 48195782_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg
  • 48195810_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg
  • 48195815_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

4 ea Goodyear mdl Wrangler MT/R size
37x12.50R16.5LT tire and rim