• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Miller 211?

1tonyj

Bout to pull the trigger on a dual voltage mig.....anyone not been happy with the Miller? I know Hobart and Lincoln also make a dual machine but havnt heard much on them.

I've got a miller 210, I swear I think it's the best machine I've used. I've had it for prob 9 years and use it in my machine shop and have only swapped 1 gun out in that time, no other problems.

I have the 250's but almost identical to what you are wanting.
Very good machines. I have 3 at the school and they get used daily by high school kids and have had zero problems in 5 years. I liked it so much that i bought one for my personal shop. If your gona use the 110 input plan on a 40 or bigger amp breaker and only welds good on thinner metal.

xjmarc said:
I loved my Miller and only have a Hobart now because it was free and FYI Hobart is made by Miller.

It is but not as good of a product. Some of the consumable will interchange but Miller is a better product

Been using a millermatic 211 for about 2 years. Great machine. Just make sure the duty capacity is enough for you. I went over on my first project. But will not be a problem for most. Only been an issue on a few projects for me. I like the millers best for MIG work.

Thanks guys for the input....Miller it is. looking around online looks like Cyberweld has the best price...anyone deal with them before?

1tonyj said:
Thanks guys for the input....Miller it is. looking around online looks like Cyberweld has the best price...anyone deal with them before?

Check with your local AirGas. That's where I bought my Miller from. You may pay a little more, but they'll usually give you a deal on other things and it all works out in the wash. They got a little wiggle room if they want to use it. Something like that, I like to buy local just in case.

1tonyj said:

I have been thinking about buying the same unit from cyberweld. I have done quite a bit of searching for reviews on their customer service and everyone seems to be very satisfied. From what I understand they direct ship from Miller. I asked the guy at my local Airgas if he had heard of the site before and his response was "we can't even get close to their prices".

Checked with my local Air Gas company....gonna b $400.00 more than I can buy it online for!... I dont mind paying a lil more to do buisness local but they wouldnt even budge a lil on the price. My Air Gas retailer also just bought out the other two welding supply shops in town so now they have a monopoly on the local industry. Guess they feel they dont have to compete anymore.

1tonyj said:
Checked with my local Air Gas company....gonna b $400.00 more than I can buy it online for!... I dont mind paying a lil more to do buisness local but they wouldnt even budge a lil on the price. My Air Gas retailer also just bought out the other two welding supply shops in town so now they have a monopoly on the local industry. Guess they feel they dont have to compete anymore.

Damn....

Got mine from cyberweld and other accessories since. Will buy from them again. My local wesco gets plenty from me for consumables and gas.

Check the Miller website and see if they have any demo models available. I got my Millermatic 180 that way for almost half the cost of a new one. Got even luckier when the rep guaranteed me the only demo listed online then it sold before he got all the red tape done so I got a NIB machine in it's place.....Just something else to look at.

I don't get it...I looked at mine on cyberweld and I got it damn near $100 cheaper local. :dunno:

Draco said:
I don't get it...I looked at mine on cyberweld and I got it damn near $100 cheaper local. :dunno:
I'll bet you paid tax on it too.

Cyberweld has free shipping and no sales tax unless you live in the state they are in.

Cyberweld wins.