• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Miller MIG gun parts

85toyo

My current contact tip adapter will not accept the fine thread miller contact tips. I've been using the coarse thread Lincoln tips since I started using it. The threads look worn out on the tip side so I kinda figured that was why. I bought a replacement tip adapter and the tips fit as they should but won't thread onto the MIG gun. The threads on the gun look fine and the old adapter threads on and off easily. Also, the old style has an O-ring and the new doesn't but they share the same part number. What's the deal?

Re:

I went through the exact same thing with that small Miller gun. I think I ended up eventually getting the new tip adapter to screw on half way straight enough that I was ok with using it.

If there isn't a replacement that fits right I'll continue using the Lincoln tips. I don't want to risk ruining the threads on the gun. Still welds fine but it's annoying buying Lincoln stuff for my miller.

I was having problems with my new miller. I talked to the guys at airgas (downtown) they gave me a phone number for their "know it all welder guy" I think he works out of the Bessemer or Pelham store. He fixed me right up over the phone. I've lost his number but it's worth a shot.