• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mississippi RZR Titles

civicmindedex79

So I bought a 2013 Polaris Rzr from a guy. basically he was tired of messing with it needed motor work. I made the 4 hour drive to go get it. Once loaded up he walked out with the title and hands it to me, I pay him and as I am getting ready to leave I ask the same ole question as I am flipping the title over "Have you signed this?" As soon as I get it flipped over I see the title has "white out" on it. I told him that **** isn't gonna fly and I will have to have a clear title. He says no problem he will go file for another title IF the tag office won't take it. Call him on Monday to let him know for sure they aren't gonna take it and he says he will go that Friday to file for a lost title. Been a couple months now still hadn't seen anything but dude is still answering text messages and hadn't stopped answering and says he has filed for it. I ask for a pic of the title app that he would have received when he applied for lost title. he said no problem but hasn't sent one.

All of that background to ask the question:
What are my best options if he never produces a title?
Anyway I can check to see if a lost title has been filed for?
Anybody that is in Mississippi that can help me out? I have the original title signed and a bill of sale, I know it was the guys matched his driver's license and all.
Don't worry about the title and sell it in a state that doesn't title like Alabama?

slim1968 said:
it does somtimes take like 6 weeks to get truck titles back here in the sip.

Yea I buy and sell a few vehicles a year. I know jackson is almost 8 week time frame now but I have got two titles back since I have bought this. So I think it should already be in if he actually filled for it.

Have you been to the tag office and asked about a lost title for it? I almost had to do one a couple years ago on a truck and they were going to send the tag to the original lien holder even though it had been paid off by previous owner. I lucked up and found the original title but was able to get a hold of the owner and he was willing to get it straghtened out. I had planned to send him a certified bank check but never got that far.

Would they not accept a notarized bill of sale for a title? I got a title from someone and they signed their name instead of name on title. I was able to get a notarized bill of sale and they didnt care if I had a title.

mikeparker said:
Have you been to the tag office and asked about a lost title for it? I almost had to do one a couple years ago on a truck and they were going to send the tag to the original lien holder even though it had been paid off by previous owner. I lucked up and found the original title but was able to get a hold of the owner and he was willing to get it straghtened out. I had planned to send him a certified bank check but never got that far.

Would they not accept a notarized bill of sale for a title? I got a title from someone and they signed their name instead of name on title. I was able to get a notarized bill of sale and they didnt care if I had a title.

I have been to the tag office and ask if I could file for it anyway or if she could tell me if a lost title had been filed for. the answer was no on both. I have not thought about the notarized bill of sale and will run this by them. Thanks

Don't know about where he is, but in TN you can walk in and they will print you a title on the spot if it was registered in your name and you lost it. I have had to do that a few times. Forgot how much they charged. Think it was under $20.

I know in Georgia you just have to apply for a lost Title and have the previous owner sign it. If I were you I would ask them what he would need to apply for a lost title and when they tell you get what ever form it is and fill it out for him and send it to him with a check for whatever the amount maybe to get it worked out. He will have to apply for the lost title. In Georgia though we can have the previous owner sign a Power Of Attorney and have it notorized with him signing it and then you can apply for a lost title in your name with that POA. If you have any friends that work in a car dealership see if they can get you hooked up with whoever handles there title work and I am sure they will help you out.

stepup said:
I know in Georgia you just have to apply for a lost Title and have the previous owner sign it. If I were you I would ask them what he would need to apply for a lost title and when they tell you get what ever form it is and fill it out for him and send it to him with a check for whatever the amount maybe to get it worked out. He will have to apply for the lost title. In Georgia though we can have the previous owner sign a Power Of Attorney and have it notorized with him signing it and then you can apply for a lost title in your name with that POA. If you have any friends that work in a car dealership see if they can get you hooked up with whoever handles there title work and I am sure they will help you out.

That last statement is exactly what I wish I had. I am going to go back down and see if they will give me exact instructions of what I can do, without him to help move it along. Pretty much exactly what you said. I hate to have to drive the 4 hours and then "bet" on the guy meeting me. The other part of it is he works out of town 5 days a week according to him he is never home when they are open, but ass stated above he found a way to apply for lost title already.

civicmindedex79 said:
Checked him out but they only deal with Alabama residents. Said he didn't care what state the title was from but you had to be an Alabama resident. Thanks for info

In Alabama you can send a certified letter with their last address, "their" signature on the lost title application and of course some money. Seems to work to work.