• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MMORV - SETTC Competition - September 28-30, 2012

Da Hitman smokes Punisher at SETTC 2012

Well....It was a shitty weekend for me. One problem after another. (all of which could have been avoided)

That last ride was a blast though! :driving: :woot:

HAD A AWESOME TIME THIS WEEKEND! Was one hell of a show! i got to meet a bunch of great people! we here at quintard jewelry and pawn were glad we got the chance to be one of the local sponsors for the event! and we all need to pool up some money so we can buy bubba his very own P.A. bullhorn!! molaugh molaugh molaugh! jusk kidden bro!!

thanks to everyone for the good time.... Draco i feel your pain on that. We came up sort of half cocked but the spur that bit us, i never would have expected.

To all that helped i say thank you and to joe and his boys again a class act event with great company.
If anyone has any vids i'd love to see them

glad the event went smooth! i just hope next year I can be there to participate! :driving:

watched a few videos already, you guys put on a helluva show for the crowd and cameras!

Brian

I had a great time, you guys put on one hell of a show, glad I could be part of it. I have some pics and videos I am going to upload as soon as I can. Just wish the park was closer to florida took us a little over 7hrs to get home last night due to the rain being so bad.

jaydee1975 said:
HAD A AWESOME TIME THIS WEEKEND! Was one hell of a show! i got to meet a bunch of great people! we here at quintard jewelry and pawn were glad we got the chance to be one of the local sponsors for the event! and we all need to pool up some money so we can buy bubba his very own P.A. bullhorn!! molaugh molaugh molaugh! jusk kidden bro!!

Make it a Hands free megaphone! That bull horn got heavy after carring it around all day! :****:

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to chime in and say GREAT event!! I get to go to alot of events all over the country, and the pace that this event travelled at and the two short days of hardcore wheelin made this an awesome event to shoot for the show and just to spectate.

Great job SETTC guys.....

Ian

Gentlemen, Ladies

This year at the SETTC 2012 held at Morris Mountain ORV was a success. The level of the teams competing has raised the bar, both for future teams, and us as the operators. I would like to thank everyone involved, the competing teams as well as our own officials from the local area and our own club, the Clay County 4x4 Club.

Thank you all and I apologize for the time delay in getting these posted.
Joe

Our Official Sponsors:

Carolina Driveline http://www.carolinadriveline.com/
Raceline Wheels http://www.racelinewheels.com/

Gauntlet:
We started with this course and although it is worth the least points, it is used as a tie breaker and it proved to be very formidable to a few teams that underestimated this mild mannered course.

POINTS----NAME----TIME/DISTANCE

15----ADAM----------48.72
13----JOE-------------56.31
11----BOBBY---------56.56
10----MCBROOM---57.58
9-----TRAVIS--------1:03.25
8------LC-------------1:13.13
7-----RANDALL-----1:15.38
6-----SHANE---------1:21.50
5-----BRIAN----------1:37.53
4-----TIM-------------DNF (-15PTS penalty = 0 points awarded) ***
2-----JACK-----------DNF
0-----LEW------------DNS

*** A decision was made as penalties would have put Tim into a negative value. Joe made the call to not do this.

V-Notch?Destabalizer/Punisher:
V-notch caused a few issues and a few more broken parts, some teams one shotted it and some fought it. Down Destabilizer was like sliding off a rock. Punisher was super tough! I would rather not have had as much water in it but it is what it is and I have never seen the bottom dry. It took a LOT of throttle and a running start to make this climb. We will do our best to dry it out for next year.

30----RANDALL-----1:19.18
26----TRAVIS--------1:37.75
22----SHANE--------1:44.28
20----LC--------------2:11.81 (-5pt penalty, 15PTS awarded)
18----MCBROOM---2:41.12
16----TIM-------------4:11.90
14----BOBBY--------4:29.50
12----ADAM---------6:58.50
5-----JOE------------DNF
4-----BRIAN---------DNF
0-----JACK----------DNS
0-----LEW-----------DNS

Good Bad Ugly:
This was a relatively easy course when compared to Punisher, Some awesome wheelies were pulled at the top of Ugly.

45----TRAVIS--------45.03 -5pt penalty (40PTS awarded)
39----SHANE---------48.63
33----TIM-------------49.22 -5pt penalty (28PTS awarded)
30----LC--------------51.34
27----RANDALL-----53.69
24----MCBROOM---1:01.34
21----JACK-----------1:59.75
18----ADAM----------3:54.87
8-----BOBBY---------DNF
0-----JOE-------------DNS
0-----BRIAN----------DNS
0-----LEW------------DNS

MallCrawl/RBD:
This is our final course for Saturday, This year we really changed up RBD and it worked out great. We had a fuel cell split open at the welds on the only roll over of the day.

60----TRAVIS-------41.91
52----RANDALL----42.13
44----SHANE--------51.95
40----BOBBY--------52.44 -5pt penalty (35PTS awarded)
36----LC-------------1:01.18
32----MCBROOM--1:04.56 -5pt penalty (28PTS awarded)
28----TIM------------1:05.00
24----JACK----------1:06.09
10----JOE------------DNF
8-----ADAM----------DNF
0-----BRIAN----------DNS
0-----LEW------------DNS

Copperhead:
This is technically the most difficult course we have, it can roll you in a heartbeat and break anything on the starting line, and then you have the tough part to climb. One team had never driven up that course without a winch, even in play, this time however, he went up without hardly even spinning a tire. Most everyone else fought hard to trying to finish that course.

POINTS---NAME----TIME/DISTANCE

75----TRAVIS--------35.72
65----RANDALL-----41.81
55----MCBROOM---55.47 -5pt penalty (50PTS awarded)
50----JACK----------1:02.50
45----SHANE--------2:44.91
40----JOE------------2:48.63
18----BOBBY--------DNF
15----ADAM---------DNF
13----TIM------------DNF
10----LC-------------DNF
8-----LEW-----------DNF
0-----BRIAN---------DNS

Los Primos:
This is the most spectacular climb/jump at the park, it was hit hard by some, conservative by a few and very smart by others. It will remain our final course for the SETTC. Considering this is the last course of a tough weekend, some teams decide to air it out and just go all out. For some it works, for some, well, they backflip...

POINTS---NAME----TIME/DISTANCE

90----TRAVIS--------33.60
78----BOBBY---------34.82
66----LC--------------36.53
60----SHANE---------37.00***
54----RANDALL------46.64
48----JACK-----------48.66
42----JOE-------------51.57
18----LEW------------DNF
0------MCBROOM---DNS
0------BRIAN----------DNS
0------ADAM----------DNS
0------TIM-------------DNS

*** Nobody was expecting a BACKFLIP ON PRIMOS!!!, the time was corrected due to video review. In the video it was clear that the rear tires did indeed cross the finish line, even though the rest of the buggy was upside down in the air....the Judges made this call and corrected to the best possible time.

The Final Scores of the 2012 South East Tough Truck Challenge

300-----TRAVIS
235-----RANDALL
216-----SHANE
165-----LC
164-----BOBBY
145-----JACK
129-----MCBROOM
110-----JOE
85------TIM
68------ADAM
26------LEW
9--------BRIAN

The 2012 SETTC went very well overall. As with every event we do we see room for improvement. Notes have been made and are being discussed in an effort to correct the issues we encountered.

I would like to thank each and every team who attended and gave it their all. If we had a hardluck award it would have been a tough one to give this year. The candidates are Lew, Tim, Brian Woodard, Adam, and Brian Mcbroom. All 5 suffered major breakage, worked tirelessly to repair and keep going only in some cases to have it all come apart again.