• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Money and Darby climb Snoqualmie Mt

Darby1

It's a long read, I wrote it in an article form for my own amusement. Mark should have some summit photos to add.

March 27-28, 2011

In typical Mark and Darby fashion we struck out at 9:00 at night with the intent of climbing Snoqualmie Mountain over the next 2 days. A mountain we knew nothing about and an approach that was going to have to be our, best guess. Avalanche danger was moderate below 5000 ft and considerable above that elevation. Snoqualmie Mt is 6,278 and the highest point on Snoqualmie Pass. That meant we would have to climb 3300 ft to reach the summit and face some serious avalanche danger. Over the next 21 hours things wouldn

Attachments

• IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 235

Attachments

• IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 236
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 236
If I could take the time off work, I absolutely would go.:cool:

Ok, we'll work around your schedual. When can YOU go? Requests: rock climbing, alpine, or maybe white water rafting by moon light on the wenatchee? Mark and I are doing the full moon white water trip this summer!!!!!!!!

Would be great to have you out there with us suffering and laughing my friend

Ok, we'll work around your schedual. When can YOU go? Requests: rock climbing, alpine, or maybe white water rafting by moon light on the wenatchee? Mark and I are doing the full moon white water trip this summer!!!!!!!!

Would be great to have you out there with us suffering and laughing my friend

most wknds in May are good. April is booked up. Rafting at night would be the ****!

The idea is to raft the river during the day so you know of any new hazards. Obviously it would have to be on a clear night with a full moon and on a river you've done many times. I would tie glow sticks to all my friends/victims and we would all have on headlamps. The headlamps are for, just in case, because we would need them off to preserve our night vision and we're not looking 10ft ahead, we're looking 100ft down river and the moon light should provide just enough reflection to make that possible. :awesomework:
Or, clouds will roll in and we'll all get hopelessly screwed and be found in the morning clinging to a rock :haha:

I know Mark is game, that guy would follow me into hell at this point. We welcome a new challenge and the fear that goes with it :redneck: Life has been so awesome lately!

The idea is to raft the river during the day so you know of any new hazards. Obviously it would have to be on a clear night with a full moon and on a river you've done many times. I would tie glow sticks to all my friends/victims and we would all have on headlamps. The headlamps are for, just in case, because we would need them off to preserve our night vision and we're not looking 10ft ahead, we're looking 100ft down river and the moon light should provide just enough reflection to make that possible. :awesomework:
Or, clouds will roll in and we'll all get hopelessly screwed and be found in the morning clinging to a rock :haha:

I know Mark is game, that guy would follow me into hell at this point. We welcome a new challenge and the fear that goes with it :redneck: Life has been so awesome lately!

I'm in on this trip for sure. I've got some experience in white water rafting. Full moon, glow sticks, headlamps were my exact thoughts and hopes. I'd prefer it to be mid-summer so it's nice and hot out. BUt I know we have to time it with a full moon and "good" water. With all the late snow we've had it should be a great season for this:cool:

I'm in on this trip for sure. I've got some experience in white water rafting. Full moon, glow sticks, headlamps were my exact thoughts and hopes. I'd prefer it to be mid-summer so it's nice and hot out. BUt I know we have to time it with a full moon and "good" water. With all the late snow we've had it should be a great season for this:cool:

Cool, I'm glad your in, we'll make it happen. My Dad and I were just talking and he thinks we should have some great water levels this year. It's gonna be cold either way at night but, I have wet suits, booties, life vests and paddle jackets for you guys. We'll pack a cooler and stop and make a late dinner on my favorite sand bar too. :awesomework:

ive been looking at from a ski mountaineering stand point, did you see the couloir from summit falling west to northwest? its skiable in high snow years or with a belay the fist twenty meters otherwise... FYI Infinite Bliss on my list....

The idea is to raft the river during the day so you know of any new hazards. Obviously it would have to be on a clear night with a full moon Or, clouds will roll in and we'll all get hopelessly screwed and be found in the morning clinging to a DAM :haha:!

we did the wenatchee last summer under fullmoon... the island lunch spot is great for a fire and bbq while waiting for the moon to come up, you want the light for Snowblind for sure, think we ran it about 5,000 on warm water.

we did the wenatchee last summer under fullmoon... the island lunch spot is great for a fire and bbq while waiting for the moon to come up, you want the light for Snowblind for sure, think we ran it about 5,000 on warm water.

Rowin, Awesome!! Good to hear from you. Infinate Bliss, are you a climber too? **** we were raised well weren't we! Hit me up if you want to go climbing OR rafting.