• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, anyone?

Updated May 20, 2010

John Stimberis, WSDOT Avalanche Forecaster, reports that on Tuesday, May 18, clearing crews were able to cut through the avalanche debris and reach the Chinook Pass summit arch, the southeast entrance to Mount Rainier National Park.

The goal is to have Chinook Pass open on May 28, 2010.

they have been saying that for a coulple weeks, ive been watching the reports. No new news for a month now.
I'm just going to go around, it will only take 30 min more

they have been saying that for a coulple weeks, ive been watching the reports. No new news for a month now.
I'm just going to go around, it will only take 30 min more

It takes a hell of lot more then 30 minutes more to go to Little Naches via hwy 123 and hwy 12.

Little naches is only 40min from Cayuse Pass.

I have heard of some guys on quads that have made it but not any bigger
4x4's.

Our group was within a few hundred yards or so of Funny rocks on April 9th. Running out of gas made us turn around:rolleyes:......The snow was tough but it's probably completely different now.

Maybe going 200 MPH......It's a extra hour plus for me and even longer for you south end guys.....

I havn't been either way in years. so i won't argue.

but i did a mapquest from both ways and its about 45 min longer from puyallup to go around, but i'm close to graham..
anyway, i will probably go up thursday.
If its open, i'll go over, if not, i'm going around.:beer::awesomework:

Binder, How deep was the snow and what way did you try going into the rocks?

Should be a good time, cant wait to go.

i drive the same on chinook as i do goin over white, haulin ass. it takes me 45 min to a hour more to go over white and thats a steady 65-70+ mph the whole wy there

i drive the same on chinook as i do goin over white, haulin ass. it takes me 45 min to a hour more to go over white and thats a steady 65-70+ mph the whole wy there

Ah I see, you guys are talking about a different route....Generally when people say they're going "aound" they go through Ellensberg- Yakima.....Going over White pass is a different story as I've never went that way.:cool:

i can get to ellensburg towin in about 2 hours 15 mins, if i wannted to come in from that side, but i like to camp on the lil naches side better. and my buddies from yakima come up to the lil naches side as well

Heading east on 12 then west on chinook is a easy route... Slow incline heading east then slow incline heading west....:awesomework:

Was at the funny rocks yesterday. Several feet of snow in places but hard and packed. Lockers and 35"s will get you there. Less snow than years past.

Got abe lincoln's truck done this weekend, I have a little more to do on mine and we will be ready for the rocks.

Was at the funny rocks yesterday. Several feet of snow in places but hard and packed. Lockers and 35"s will get you there. Less snow than years past.

lockers & 33s works too, just a lil more attention to detail:awesomework:
oops, i mean noone should be up there without 40s and a winch
:beer:

Latest posts