• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, anyone?

No pics. I say 35"s because the guys with 37's and bigger were digging some holes in the snow. Go for it with 31's and a fat chick, run what ya brung.

My dad is runing 31s and a rear locker on his flatty... no fat chicks but he has a winch.. I am not worried about the buggy, just ready to have some fun.

... I was planning on camping, but I hear the weather is supposed to be shitty, so I will probably just drive up saturday and sunday and wheel and come home at night and sleep in my nice warm bed... :awesomework:

Is the Naches side closed for camping?...............Whats this biz with needing forestry camping pass?

Last edited:
hey guys, i can't remember if I ever introduced myself but I signed up a long time ago and just read some of your threads every once and a while... guess that makes me a lurker.

Anyway, a couple of us from northwestclassicbroncos.com are heading up in a couple hours to rider's camp on Manastash.

If I can get service once i'm up there I'll try to report back here on conditions. It's not hard to guess though - it's gonna be shitty.

Well thats :rb: Are there any areas closed for camping?

Not that I know of.:awesomework:

hey guys, i can't remember if I ever introduced myself but I signed up a long time ago and just read some of your threads every once and a while... guess that makes me a lurker.

Anyway, a couple of us from northwestclassicbroncos.com are heading up in a couple hours to rider's camp on Manastash.

If I can get service once i'm up there I'll try to report back here on conditions. It's not hard to guess though - it's gonna be shitty.

The conditions are terrible and there is a couple feet of snow, everyone should just stay home.:redneck:

Well thats :rb: Are there any areas closed for camping?

Northwest Forest pass, for parking anywhere basically. They were about $25 for a year or $5 a weekend if i remember right. Still have to pay the fee for the campground if your in one. Its a $75 ticket and they do enforce it. Really $25 a year is not that bad.

Northwest Forest pass, for parking anywhere basically. They were about $25 for a year or $5 a weekend if i remember right. Still have to pay the fee for the campground if your in one. Its a $75 ticket and they do enforce it. Really $25 a year is not that bad.

$35 for a year or $5 per day if you attend work partys (fs sponserd) you get a day pass for each day. get two volunteer passes and you can trade them at a ranger station for a yearly pass.

$35 for a year or $5 per day if you attend work partys (fs sponserd) you get a day pass for each day. get two volunteer passes and you can trade them at a ranger station for a yearly pass.

Also note that a Forest Pass WILL NOT allow you to park or stay overnite at 3 different camping areas in the Little Naches area. It now cost $5 a nite to stay. Lomgmire, Ponderosa and Long Meadow. Fees collected in these areas go directly to motorized trails.

Got back last night. Weather was spotty. Always cold but not always raining - occasional clearing. We stayed at Rider's camp and tried to get to the rocks a couple different ways but there was still too much snow. Not sure if anyone made it from the side we were on. I dont know much about the trails in that area though so I could be talking out my ass.

Got back last night. Weather was spotty. Always cold but not always raining - occasional clearing. We stayed at Rider's camp and tried to get to the rocks a couple different ways but there was still too much snow. Not sure if anyone made it from the side we were on. I dont know much about the trails in that area though so I could be talking out my ass.

Just got home from being up at the rocks all day...

I was by my self all weekend so did not hit the rocks. I made the hill climb above Milk Lake on Sunday and waited around for a group to come by (may be i could join one) but no one came along. I did not want to make the trek alone so i heades back down.
I did talk with a coulpe guys that at the wash out and they were headed to the Sheo String trail, only one was locked up and they were not going to be heading to the rocks unless teh snow allowed them to get through, so i wandered onb my own from there.

Oh well, next time i will make it.

Last edited:
This is what Moon Rocks looked like...

SDC10032.jpg