• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks, anyone?

Northwest Forest pass, for parking anywhere basically. They were about $25 for a year or $5 a weekend if i remember right. Still have to pay the fee for the campground if your in one. Its a $75 ticket and they do enforce it. Really $25 a year is not that bad.
No...........They do not enforce. I talked to the ranger myself about it.
$35 for a year or $5 per day if you attend work partys (fs sponserd) you get a day pass for each day. get two volunteer passes and you can trade them at a ranger station for a yearly pass.
35$ ain't bad, but if they don't check then............
Also note that a Forest Pass WILL NOT allow you to park or stay overnite at 3 different camping areas in the Little Naches area. It now cost $5 a nite to stay. Lomgmire, Ponderosa and Long Meadow. Fees collected in these areas go directly to motorized trails.
I was at Lomgmire and there was no overnight fees. I was there for 4 nights. This was some very inaccurate info posted about the enforcement. NW Wheeler members should have respect for one another to post the " this is how it really is" info.

I was at Lomgmire and there was no overnight fees. I was there for 4 nights. This was some very inaccurate info posted about the enforcement. NW Wheeler members should have respect for one another to post the " this is how it really is" info.

The fee schedule has changed this year....More than likely you talked to the one ranger who doesn't enforce the fees....One correction I would like to make is the fees don't go directly into the trail fund. They first pay for trash removal and what's left goes to trails.

Officer John McHaffie enforces it up the Manastash. Ask me how I know :booo:

I bought the pass at the campground then left the stub in my pocket and got the ticket. :mad:

This weekend I personally, with my own eyes, watched two rangers go from vehicle to vehicle in the Manastash camground and write tickets. He came and looked at my truck and said "good thing you have one. I just checked a group of 22 rigs and none had it" I then saw him write a couple of tickets, one to Jokenring. Your right, certain forests do not require it, (like 2 out of 12) but naches and wenatchee do.

Last memorial day I personally recieved a ticket for $75 for not having a forest pass and not paying the camp fees at Manastash campground. I was really just ignorant that I had to pay them, now I know. Every ranger may not choose to enforce it, but they sure can.

Oh and for what its worth, when I bought my annual pass on saturday at the ellensburg chamber of commerce, it was $30. Glad I bought it.

Sorry, but "this is how it really is":beer:

Last edited:
Manastash campground is not in the Naches Ranger District. If Mog9buG was at Longmire then he was in Naches Ranger District.

The Naches has approved the overnight fee they just have not got the program up and running as of yet. The fee's collected under this new program will go directly to the motorized trails. Forest Pass fee's collected go to maintain the area's where the fee is required. Certain requirements have to be met for the Forest Pass to be reqiured. Manastash/Riders Camp meet those reqiurements as do many other areas in both the Naches and Cle Elum Districts. The areas are posted in numerous places as to the fact the pass is required. I check for compliance every time I go past an area that requires a Forest Pass.

You can earn an admid pass good for a year by volunteering 16 hours with the Forest Service. We often have work party's that maintain ORV/ATV trails. A weeklong work party was just held over in the Liberty area. More than 30 pass's were earned.

Forest service northwest passes and permits website
Here's a complete list of areas requireing a recreation pass in the Okanogan and Wenatchee national forests.
Alder Ridge Trailhead
Andrews Creek Trailhead
Billygoat Trailhead
Blackpine Trailhead
Blue Lake Trailhead
Boulder Cave Picnic Site
Bridge Creek Trailhead
Bumping Lake Boating Site, Picnic Site
Canyon Creek Trailhead
Cedar Creek Trailhead
Chatter Creek Trailhead
Chewuch Trailhead
Chikamin Trailhead
Chinook Pass PCT Trailhead
Chiwaukum Creek Trailhead
Clear Lake Public Boating Site, Picnic Site
Cutthroat Trailhead
De Roux Trailhead
Deep Creek Hiker Trailhead
Deep Creek Horsecamp Trailhead
Devils Gulch Trailhead
Dirty Face Trailhead
Dog Lake Trailhead
Driveway Butte Trailhead
East Creek Trailhead
Easy Pass Trailhead
Eightmile Trailhead
Entiat River Trailhead
Esmeralda Trailhead
Fourteen Mile Trailhead
Fourth of July Trailhead
Gilbert Trailhead
Halfway Flat Picnic Site
Hidden Lake Trailhead
Horseshoe Cove Boating Site
Icicle Creek Trailhead
Icicle Gorge Trailhead
Icicle Ridge Trailhead
Ingalls Creek Trailhead
Iron Gate Trailhead
Jack Trout Trailhead
Ken Wilcox Horse Camp Picnic Site
Lake Creek - Methow Trailhead
Lake Creek - Entiat Trailhead
Little Wenatchee Trailhead
Long Swamp Trailhead
Manastash Trailhead
Manastash Camp Trailhead
Merritt Lake Trailhead
Miller-Bear Trailhead
Monument Trailhead
Nason Ridge Trailhead
North Fork (Entiat) Trailhead
Oval/Eagle Trailhead
Peninsula Picnic Site
Pete Lake Trailhead
Phelps Creek Trailhead
Rachel Lake Trailhead
Rainy Pass Trailhead
Rainy Pass Picnic Site
Red Hill Trailhead
Red Top Trailhead
Riders Camp Boating Site
Robinson Creek Trailhead
Round Mountain Trailhead
Salmon La Sac Trailhead
Schaefer Lake Trailhead
Silver Falls Trailhead
Slate Peak Trailhead
Smithbrook Interpretive Site
Snow Lakes Trailhead
Stafford Creek Trailhead
Stuart Lake Trailhead
Swauk Discovery Interpretive Site
Taneum Junction Trailhead
Thirty Mile Trailhead
Trinity Trailhead
Tucquala Meadows Trailhead
Twin Lakes Trailhead
Twisp River Horse Camp Trailhead
War Creek Trailhead
White Pass Horse Camp Trailhead
White Pass North Trailhead
White Pass South Trailhead
White River Trailhead
Williams Trailhead

Also note that a Forest Pass WILL NOT allow you to park or stay overnite at 3 different camping areas in the Little Naches area. It now cost $5 a nite to stay. Lomgmire, Ponderosa and Long Meadow. Fees collected in these areas go directly to motorized trails.

The recreation pass goes to motorized trails but not the campground fee....
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/recreation/report/index.shtml
NEW FEE FOR LITTLE NACHES CAMPING AREAS: Parking fees are now being charged at Ponderosa Camp, Longmire and Long Meadows camping areas. The fee is $5.00 per vehicle per day. Next year, parking fees will also be charged at Lost Meadow.

Revenues generated by these fees will be used for maintaining the existing facilities and paying for garbage services. Fees collected in excess of the collected amount needed to maintain the camp areas may be available for maintenance of the surrounding motorized trails.

thats like $1.88/hour.
hot diggity!

j/k:beer:

Most of the type of work you do on the trail to earn a pass is very like wheeling the trail which you do already. Seems kinda foolish to do something you already enjoy and get no recognition.

Plus you would not believe how far being there and doing things to help out will come back favorably for you. Hard to attach a value to that.