• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

More line lock stuff

Jeep parking brakes suck. They suck worse with 35"+ tires. I have gotten pretty good at spotting trees to roll into as chocks when stopping on hills.

That said, Ive seen mechanical line locks used on wheelers and trucks. The ones I've seen are made by Eaton. They must be reliable if they're being used on trucks.

Have never figured out where to buy one though.

The Eaton locks I have seen on trucks was years ago (2 decades) they were hydraulic as I dont remember the low air pressure buzzer on startup. Also, a guy I wheel with has one on his jeep. The valve has a short handle that swings up and down with a visable eccentric cam. I'll have to remember to ask him where in the heck he got it....

The Eaton locks I have seen on trucks was years ago (2 decades) they were hydraulic as I dont remember the low air pressure buzzer on startup. Also, a guy I wheel with has one on his jeep. The valve has a short handle that swings up and down with a visable eccentric cam. I'll have to remember to ask him where in the heck he got it....

This style is what I use for my e-brake...you can get them off of forklifts; try an equipment salvage yard; Thay are avail new, but WOW they have gotten expensive over the last few yrs!!:eek:

Hardware store?

Hydraulic supply store...

its like a 5k psi, SS ball valve....was like $35-$40. plumbed in line to the rear brakes.

pump pedal and hold, hit the valve.....rears locked.
no pedal pressure, hit the valve....rears locked OUT, so the pedal only works the fronts....

and so long as your brakes don't leak....use it for a parking brake for weeks...

Latest posts