• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

More tire Questions.

Wildman1

OKay guys I know I am bouncing around the board on this just trying to make the best choice I can.

So with the debate about tire size finished I am now stuck again on which tire is going to work here in the PNW best. Some of the wheeling I do is a little different than most of you. Since I live on the east side of the hills I do not have as much mud but I do make trips over there now and then.

I am sticking to the 37-38" tire range, just think 39's might be a little too much. So in that tire size I have a few choices. Not really interested in spending $300+ per tire so the Maxxis & new KM2's are out.
But the Interco tires are pretty much what I am looking at. But do I go with a IROK or an SX? I can get the 36X13.50 IROK or the 38X12.50 SX? Which works better for all around use up here?? Any other tires in those sizes that are sub $300?

Thanks

my favorite for years has been the 38.5x14.5 sx swamper. best tire ever made period. wish they made a 42 inch sx. get swampers, not ***** tires like a bfg or goodyear or prodump or mickeys. interco has made the pimp **** for years.:cool:

For the SX guys,
Who if anyone has ran the 38X12.50? Going to go with a 16.5 Hummer rim recentered @ 4-5" BS. The 14.50 is just too wide for me. An dof course for the Jeep getting the 6 ply. Also is it worth while to center sip the thread?

Here is my take as I have ran both.

IROKS have a softer compound so they grip better in the rocks, work great in the snow, and mud, sidewalls are strong(Bias). Their downside is with a softer compound they wear faster. The SXs only advantages IMO are their sidewalls, and longer life due to harder tread compound. Bottom line IROKS are a better performer, SXs are a longer lasting tire. Take your pic for what suits your needs better.

i love both for a trail rig i would say IROKS, but if your going to drive alot or long distance to the trails then I would say SX. I have had both performed great.