• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Morris Mountain

slravenel

Whats up guys, my name is Lee. Know about you guys from pirate and also some of the guys i know in NC have ridden with yall a few times. Me and a friend are going to be heading to Morris Mountain this weekend for a day ride on saturday and was wondering if anyone is going to be out there? We have never been there and are only going to have my rig (built toyota, 40s, tube, etc etc...the standard). Any chance that anyone else is going to be out there that can show us around.

If not...anything we should know about the place? What trails are worth hitting, any we should stay away from? Are there normally a good bit of people out there on weeknds (if i break will it be easy to find a tug back to the trailer, or will we be winching and walking the whole way)?

Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of my truck for reference...

IMG00104-20091029-1812.jpg

not sure if there will be a big turn out with it being as cold as it is. most of the trails are worth hitting. the parking side of the park are the easier obstacles. if others show up up you may want to head to the mountain side of the park and hit RBD or Primos.

If my damn ZUKI wasn,t stll TORE UP I would come & show yall around, MORRIS MTN. is a BLAST, and I can be there in 1 hour from my house even with stoppin for a buiscuit & gas !

If you only have 1 day to ride, you will have to push it to cover everything, & hope for no breakage :****:

You will want to run the parking lot side first. Stay on the main trail and circle the area first. Then start outat the area by the GOOD, BAD and the UGLY. Keep making your way around the trail and you will find V-notch and punisher all together. Thats a good knob to play on no matter if anyone else is out there or not cause it has some sweet obstacles that are close to the parking lot if you did break.

Once you have the camp side figured out, shoot across the bottom up to the other mountain. Many good climbs with some easy trail riding between. RBD, Mall Crawl, Still Hill, Loop Springs and more.

There should be some more people at the park this weekend even though it's going to be really cold. If you need directions around the park or have any other questions, just give me a call and I'll help any way I can. Thanks, and we'll see you this weekend.