• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Morris Mtn: ROCK RALLYE, August 1st

redneckengineered said:
That's a bold statement. While you were racing with the grocery getters I was crushing beer and working on my sun tan for a good 6 hours playin grab ass with a bunch of college chicks until my number was called. Then we lined up and floorboarded a motor that wouldn't open the butterflies past 1/4 throttle the whole race. On the last lap Doc Nazir and I got held up behind a rig for so long (10 minutes?) I was contemplating getting out and taking a piss. The winner Fred finally rolled up after about 8 minutes as I was unbuckling my harness. With only a 1/4 lap left he was pretty much a lock to win since he started behind Adam and myself although we both managed to still walk it way out on him even with that short of a course left. But 2 minutes is hard to cover in a 1/4 lap. I could only manage 1:42. Oh well. Adam was probably the most deserving winner but it was close between him and myself. Made for some seriously fun racin. Your team shirts sure looked hot though so that's gotta be worth somthin :flipper:

Great story, the most deserving person was the person that won :flipoff1: My statement was based on the scores that were posted, we lost by 11 minutes and had an issue that cost us 20 minutes, do the math. That is awesome that you were "crushing" beer before a high speed race, good work dude way to be smart.

You both kicked ass.

Matt, I could tell you were running extremely fast just from prerunning the course myself. Since you ran before the rest of your class it was hard to tell how fast in relation to them you were running but just the fact that you finished put you in the top 46% alone. Everyone who placed got held up somehow or another.

Andrew got held up by another rig blocking the course. But he did not break down and I believe that that alone put him and Witch Dr. in the top 15%. And if you would have seen him nipping at Witch's heels the entire race as I did you would have fully appreciated the design and engineering that had to take place to prevent a breakdown for those two guys. No one ran harder than them IMO simply because they could smell eachother's BO the entire race. They were SO close! When they came through my checkpoint their rigs were basically touching. It got MY adrenaline rushing. I can't imagine the red I would be seeing had I actually been in their positions. But they did not break and that was the difference. I could be mistaken but I believe that maybe only 3 rigs amongst ALL the classes didn't have to stop for some sort of mechanical malfunction but they were automatically in the top 8% of all racers as a result of that.

Awesome job to everyone. I hope that the event happens again in the future when my buggy is done as I was wishing the entire race that I was in it.

J. J.

I would have loved to run with my class, I came to the race because our class was to run first thus I could be home by early afternoon. My wife is 36 1/2 weeks pregnant and has been having pre-term contractions for months, it is really a guessing game when our baby will come. Plus my co-driver had a weeding to attend at 6:30 in Bham. When we got there are class was running last, and not starting till 3:30. Jimmy and crew were very accomidating to let me run when the did, and I expressed my concerns to Jimmy and had him move me back to right ahead of the first basic rig. Jimmy's said that it would not be unfair as I will be running the course with less capable rigs, so it all balanced out.

Fred (the winner) is a buddy of mine and called me after he won. He said he had to stop 5-6 times to let his cool off. He said at the end was running almost 300 degrees!!! Looking at lap times let's me know we ran dam hard, Buggy Mike was the only basic or advanced rig to run a faster lap. Good race to all, look fwd to running with my class next time. JJ, I did not figure out that was you at that checkpoint till you posted here, would of liked to chat with ya.

Yeah, I didn't figure out you were you until after the race either. Last time I saw you you were driving a TJ. Stupid how we identify folks by the rigs they drive. :)

J. J.

patooyee said:
Yeah, I didn't figure out you were you until after the race either. Last time I saw you you were driving a TJ. Stupid how we identify folks by the rigs they drive. :)

J. J.

Yeah with out your old rig to ID you, I had no idea ;D

We have a very smallish rad and and a stupid high flow electric wp and ran 180 all day, of course we have less motor than ya. The spal 2340 cfm fan has really helped my cooling!

Matt O. said:
Great story, the most deserving person was the person that won :flipoff1: My statement was based on the scores that were posted, we lost by 11 minutes and had an issue that cost us 20 minutes, do the math. That is awesome that you were "crushing" beer before a high speed race, good work dude way to be smart.

Rock out with ya cawk out :spin:

I believe so. it was a great event with a great turn out. Hopefully Jimmy will get to race this time........