• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Motive Gear ring and pinon

617_Racing

Any one running Motive Gear ring and pinion in a Dana 60? Or any axle really. It'll be a 5.13 standard rotation thick set.

Just wondering how they are holding up.

I pulled my diff cover off last night to see what was binding and found a tooth wedged in between the Grizzly locker and the ring gear.. Oops. Trying to get it done this Saturday so I need to pick up locally and Summit only has the Motive Gear stuff in stock.

617_Racing said:
Any one running Motive Gear ring and pinion in a Dana 60? Or any axle really. It'll be a 5.13 standard rotation thick set.

Just wondering how they are holding up.

I pulled my diff cover off last night to see what was binding and found a tooth wedged in between the Grizzly locker and the ring gear.. Oops. Trying to get it done this Saturday so I need to pick up locally and Summit only has the Motive Gear stuff in stock.

I have done two sets of motives in street trucks. 8.5 10 bolts. 4.56s in a 400 hp 383 and 4.88s in a z71 on 37s. Both never gave any problems, but gears live & die by the set up

I run motive front and rear. I have zero complaints. I chose them after I researched on their website. They ran a set dry for an entire werock season and pulled the cover. I was sold.

Then again that was 5 years ago and that's the type of wheeling I do.

muddinmetal said:
I have done two sets of motives in street trucks. 8.5 10 bolts. 4.56s in a 400 hp 383 and 4.88s in a z71 on 37s. Both never gave any problems, but gears live & die by the set up

I agree! It's all about the set up. I've only done a few but I'm confident enough in it to do my own, but not anyone else's. Not that good or efficient at it yet.

Thanks for the input guys.