• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mounting a High Lift

Ranger James

hi guys i have a new high lift and i want to mount it on my truck so no one takes it. Ive seen high lifts mounted on lots of jeeps but never on a light truck. i was thinking of mounting it on the top of the bed behind the cab...

anyone got pics?

thx

Just dont be a dumbass like me and mount it to the bumper:mad:

Bakced up into a rock and bent the stupid thing:mad::mad:

ya i was thinking about mounting it there, then i thought about something like that happening, i dont want it to take up a lot of room so someplace safe and outta the way

I have mounts at the rear of the bed. That way, I can just drop the tail gate and grab it. It goes across the width of the truck, so you have to take it out to load anything you need to slide in, but otherwise it hasn't been in the way really at all. I also use it as a tie down spot every now and then. Its also out of sight there pretty much all of the time.

I also dont keep it there all the time though either. I only out it in when I know Im going wheeling so it doesnt just sit outside and weather.

~T.J.

As soon as i get mine it will definitely be tucked up beneather the inner box side. to many damn thieves feeding their meth habit around here.

Can't show you a pic of mine now (J4000 was a bit messed up when I took it out) I had it mounted across behind the seat with a padlock keeping it on (not a cheesy Walmart special either!) and I had the rest of the stuff in a duffel bag bungied to the jackall. (that's why I wasn't knocked out or injured by flying tools and junk when my J4000 flipped tuesday night)
The engine hoist loose in the back of the truck could've done some serious damage though! That's what knocked my rear window loose (I usually tie stuff down, but I was in a hurry to get home and it was going to be unloaded as soon as I got there anyways)

i have a 60". and i just toss it in the bed of the truck when i go wheeling. i wanted to mount it on the top of my toolbox, but its a little bit too wide, and i like to get a little too close to the trees. i dont need it on the road, and i dont carry a spare either. my insurance will cover a tow, and my dad is retired and usually at home, which just so happens to be where my spare is located. :fawkdancesmiley:

If you can mount it inside, so the weather doesn't rust up the pins and latching mechanism. Hi-Lift are great when they work correctly, but can knock you for a loop when they don't.

Latest posts