• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ms child support?

socsmm6

Buddy of mine just got a call from Mississppi DHS. They told him he needed to come in a get set up on child support. He has been paying child support directly to his ex for quite some time now ( has his receipts). DHS said they knew he was current on child support but it needs to come through their office. Not sure what is going on. Does he need to talk to an attorney?
Also does anybody know how DHS figures child support? like what percentage of your gross pay per child (2 kids)? Also is it figured on 40 hours or how much you make a year ( lot of overtime on most checks)?

I would certainly have a lawyer speak on my behalf. Could mean savings of X times 12 months times ? Years. Potentially a lot of money at stake here.

Sent using left thumb.

JohnG said:
I would certainly have a lawyer speak on my behalf. Could mean savings of X times 12 months times ? Years. Potentially a lot of money at stake here.

Sent using left thumb.

x2 thumb.gif

Dunno about Mississippi but in ohio they take ur last years tax return and current years pay stubs and the mothers too and they factor in if ur paying healthcare for children and if mother pays daycare and they put in a computer and it spits out a number, niw theres other varying factors but those are the big ones, now if you too have agreed to a set amount she can tell them thats what she wants and they will be ok with it. Now my case we had agreed to set amount and when that fawking cumputer spit out my number my ex grinned and lady asked her if that number was ok and she said why yes. It was double what we agreed too. I got little over a year left and im free. But i honestly dont mind paying cause my daughter gets to use the money too Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took me nearly a year to straighten out the mess of paying child support from the day my ex left until we had a rule 11 agreement filed identifying what the support would be. Even though I had cleared checks signed by the ex, her agreeing it was done and all the docs on the AG reps desk it took what seemed like forever to stop getting letters threatening to garnish my check, suspend my drivers license and revoke my hunting license rights. It was a damn mess all over 60 days of child support that I had paid without anyone doubting it.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

Tax return for this year would probably hurt him but most of it was OT. He is hoping they base it off of 40 hours because that's all he is guaranteed. I always thought they had a percentage they went of of, didn't realize they had a formula to go on. He don't mind taking care of his kids. It's just the ex is not to good with money and budgets.

And another reason they want him to go through dhs is because they take a administrative fee out of his money. Yep its a business too. He can ultimately go to a mediator type they have and argue his case If its allot he may look into a lawyer.

18 years ago they counted my overtime, but things have changed a lot since then

OH I'm sure they base it off of your gross anual income. That's how they **** you here in Ga. Roughly 700 a month For 16 years now. 2 more of them motherfukers and I'm done. Unless my wife now splits. Then it starts over... That would be my luck. It's horseshit really... Ah don't even get me started... Fukin joke is what it is.. Bitch always has new nails... And Just got new Mercedes... I don't mean new to her, I mean brand Fukin new. Fawk.

If he can show that he pays his child support on time and is current can he tell DHS to pound sand? It's in his divorce papers that were signed by a judge how much he should pay and the ex agreed to it. Sounds like the ex is trying to get more out of him without hiring a lawyer.

Looks like he should consult a lawyer cause thats a sketchy deal, usually with dhs ur up for a review every so many years and if ur income has went up so does ur support and its kinda like a cost of living raise for the kids. Alot of child support is bullshit cause the baby momma lies about **** and doesnt include her new mans income into the household income and looks like shes broke so you pay the bill, its all horseshit in my book

In Tennessee is based on your annual income versus her annual income with childcare and insurance factored in. It's not based on household so if you or her remarry, it doesn't have an effect on it.

She may have tried to get some kind of government assistance and they require child support to go through dhs to qualify. It's a shitty situation but as soon as you can accept the fact that you're going to have to pay and adjust your lifestyle around it the better off you will be. I pay nearly 1k a month and my ex always has new clothes and shoes, just bought a new house, and a Toyota Sequoyah. It doesn't bother me one bit because she is a nasty **** lol and I'm free for the most part of her.

dammit man I feel for him. what a ****ing pain in the ass. same thing happened to me in Florida. state wants their piece of it. I had to burn a week of vacation from work to be In court and different bullshit. I pay $1300 a month and have 4 years left. **** those motherfuckers!

Re:

Man my hats off to you guys that have to pay. I know you guys would spend every dime on the kids if needed.

It's gotta suck when you're racked over the coals.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Man my hats off to you guys that have to pay. I know you guys would spend every dime on the kids if needed.

It's gotta suck when you're racked over the coals.

What sucks is when the woman short stops it. It's not alimony, it's child support. IMO, not a penny should be spent on anything other than the child, unfortunately, that is not the case.

I had joint custody, even time for both and still paid full child support for 16 1/2 years. System is in no way fair to the man, I know things are suppose to be different now so I hope things are more even. BUT if there is anyway to make it work I would go that route, split houses is no way to bring them up, it really does mess with the kiddos heads, and if your like my situation was, and your ex is worthless, she will put a lot of stuff into your kids heads that you can't take out. I could do a 2 page wrant on this.

Elliott said:
I had joint custody, even time for both and still paid full child support for 16 1/2 years. System is in no way fair to the man, I know things are suppose to be different now so I hope things are more even. BUT if there is anyway to make it work I would go that route, split houses is no way to bring them up, it really does mess with the kiddos heads, and if your like my situation was, and your ex is worthless, she will put a lot of stuff into your kids heads that you can't take out. I could do a 2 page wrant on this.

truth!