• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mud bugs

A

angryfab

Ok so new kick for me. My add has taken me off the deep end on this one .
It all started about a month or so ago me an my minion (clifton) stoped by the new publix in guntersville . To get something to eat ,,,, now normally we would have just got a bugger but , the superzuki was having charging issues an clifton was getting tired of pushing me around parkinglots to get it started an publix was built on a hill so we could just cost to get it going (an I had to piss an I really like pissing in nice plases )
So it didn't take but just a few min for us to start noticing all th cool **** that the other places don't have an wounder over to the sea food section an well damit ma they got crawlfish in th freezer .well got me excited I was born in batonrouge ya know .

So they cost 8.99 for 2 lb an we all know how cheap I am an I didn't have a way of cooking them so I passed BUT little did I know I got bit

So I start looking up propane cookers not bad at 40 dollars a stainless steel pots are high also so I start looking around an low an be hold I find a propane cooker at the scrap yard with a cutoff timer an hose I mean ready to go (got it for 20 cents a lb came out to 2 dollars an then I went in side an found a stainless steel pot got it for a dollar ya george

So now I'm into my add quest for 3 $ now starting out on the wright foot an I had knee surgery last week so I was sitting on the couch for about 5 days on youtube university . O AN I ORDERD ME TWO TRAPS THAT CAME IN YESTERDAY . So all the videos I watched every body was doing around about the same thing but not to of the same.
So my questions are
Do you keep them in a bucket with a little water .or a dry bucket with ice
How long do you purge them
What is a good crab boil to use in your pot
Do you cook the corn an potatoes first and how long
An how long do you cook the mud bugs

Im sure I will have more questions I'm also wanting to do it to where I can freeze some an take them to a ride with me but I will just weight an see if their is anybody on here that know about this first tks

If my spelling an punctuation make you gag then if you dont mind retype all of this and do it the right way and I'll erase mine Thanks

You like to piss in nice places molaugh molaugh. We looked like two homeless guys that just crawled out of a dumpster. :****:
And don't forget the naked pigs

Ain't but one choice in my book...

0007142901925_A

Also, just cook'em and eat them. They start stinkin QUICK like shrimps. This ain't something you gone wanna bring on a hot long ride with you. It's a messy mess.

LandSpeeder said:
Also, just cook'em and eat them. They start stinkin QUICK like shrimps. This ain't something you gone wanna bring on a hot long ride with you. It's a messy mess.

This man knows whats up. We use the Louisiana brand seasoning, its not quite as salty as the zatarains. Mushrooms/taters/corn/little onions...you can throw all kinda **** in the pot thumb.gif

10082119.jpg

I don't have any set times but the crawfish are the last things to go in the pot. Usually about 15-20 minutes before everything else is ready.

angryfab said:
So my questions are
Do you keep them in a bucket with a little water .or a dry bucket with ice
How long do you purge them
What is a good crab boil to use in your pot
Do you cook the corn an potatoes first and how long
An how long do you cook the mud bugs

How long are you trying to store them live? Generally I would have them in a sac laying on top ice with something to separate them. That was you do not suffer any loss from direct contact with the ice. We purge them for an hour with salt after you have culled the dead from the group. Zataran's powder is good but a bit salty, they also make a liquid version that is excellent. The cooking times are going to vary with the size of potatoes, corn, and sausage. you would start with potatoes first since that are always going to take the longest. There are different way to cook the bugs some people like to boil them and then let them soak up the spice. I do not as unfortunately in my experience makes the tails stick to the shell. We get the water to a rolling boil and cook the bugs for 7 mins and the tails slip rt out when you pinch them. That is assuming that your cooker can get the water back to a boil in that time frame. We then pull them and put them into a cooler where we shake the Louisiana seasoning onto the outside of the bugs.

There are many other ways to get a great product but I have found this to work for us every time.

Dam I'm liking the picture's I'm not trying to keep long just till dinner I would like to do dinner in the shop my familly doesn't relly like them .
So I got some traps on the creek now I was thincking if their is 8 or 10 or 20 or 30 I would make me o pot for dinner
I will jump on the gayzer an go check the trapsin a min .I baited them with a can of Vienna sausages that's all I had at the time

You would be surprised how tough those little fawkers are. We have had a couple jump outta the cooler when purging them, little bastards were still running around the yard 2-3 days later.

angryfab said:
Dam I'm liking the picture's I'm not trying to keep long just till dinner I would like to do dinner in the shop my familly doesn't relly like them .
So I got some traps on the creek now I was thincking if their is 8 or 10 or 20 or 30 I would make me o pot for dinner
I will jump on the gayzer an go check the trapsin a min .I baited them with a can of Vienna sausages that's all I had at the time

dafuq is you talkin bout?!
Nobody eats WILD crawfish. You ain't Daniel Boone! go buy them mothfuckals from the fish man, in a sack!
99.99999999999% of crawfish is farm raised. The other .00000000001% was accidentally eaten by a bobcat.

What the HELL is purging? ?? I have always just boiled them in some seasoning?

poolman said:
What the HELL is purging? ?? I have always just boiled them in some seasoning?

put'em in a cooler and run hose water in'em... cleans out their insides so you ain't eating dirty ****. Trust me, if you don't purge'em then you eating dirty crafish cause purging them cleans the outside as much as it does the inside...

LandSpeeder said:
dafuq is you talkin bout?!
Nobody eats WILD crawfish. You ain't Daniel Boone! go buy them mothfuckals from the fish man, in a sack!
99.99999999999% of crawfish is farm raised. The other .00000000001% was accidentally eaten by a bobcat.
remember cheap ass . Plus we don't have a fish man that I know of

LandSpeeder said:
put'em in a cooler and run hose water in'em... cleans out their insides so you ain't eating dirty ****. Trust me, if you don't purge'em then you eating dirty crafish cause purging them cleans the outside as much as it does the inside...

Gatcha, as a kid I sained them or trapped them in a creek on our farm, never did anything but boil them. Hell I still though they were good to me. If I'm fixing any at home now I just buy a big frozen bag from Walmart or Kroger. No time to have fresh ones. Not to mention there not the size of your guys down south.

And by the way George I'm going to get my junk to you next weekend

Try this the next boil. Instead of corn on the cob. Take some can corn ,punch a bunch of holes in the top and bottom of the can throw them in the boil as soon as you turn the burners on. Leave them until the last batch of bugs drain open and eat from the can. I don't bother with corn on the cob anymore. Way better if you like spicy corn. Don't forget to punch the holes or it will explode :****: