• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mud Run local rednecks!

Sorry for the confusion all believe me i am right there with ya all. The 3 local trials in my area (actaully orv trails) got closed in september due to some genious people throwing constant parties and driving out wasted either hurting themselves there vehicle or someone else. Sorry again but i was just hoping to shine some light of the fullsize crowd didnt think how those pics could look to some sorry!

**** happens---its just a matter of knowing when to give info and when not to (like staing you guys were out on private property with permision ect). Its not a big deal--people need to not jump on the band wagon till all the facts are known--keeps the heated crap to a minimum.

angelfly said:
Sorry for the confusion all believe me i am right there with ya all. The 3 local trials in my area (actaully orv trails) got closed in september due to some genious people throwing constant parties and driving out wasted either hurting themselves there vehicle or someone else. Sorry again but i was just hoping to shine some light of the fullsize crowd didnt think how those pics could look to some sorry!

Hey guy, not a biggie. Looks like a great place to have fun. Glad to hear it is legit.

As for keeping the idiots out of there, any way a gate with a shoo-fly can be installed? Or maybe a combo lock on the gate so you can still get back there.

We have actually put up over 5 gates all which have been bypassed over and over again no matter how much we dig out around it. This is a constant problem that we have been trying to deal with also considering it is becoming a major dumpsite for stolen and abandoned vehicles sometimes making the roads completly unpasable until the vehicle is moved! We tried callin the the sheriff, didn't help, all the gates have just been destroyed or made useless. it is becoming that we are destroying more land trying to keep them out then i want to! Any suggestions? I will take pictures of the gates and what not maybe today or tomorrow but it is getting to be rediculous!

The shoo-fly at walker works pretty well. They have a gate with a rock crawl right next to it. They also have one with big 4 foot walls and a huge "whoop-dee" or whatever you want to call it through the middle. My TJ drags the belly a little going through that one so it does it's job of keeping the dumpers out.

Well if the weather gets alittle better i think some gate improvement will be in order this weekend! What exactly is a shoe-fly?

A shoe-fly or barrier has a gate next to it and then an obstacle so wheelers can get around the gate, but dumpers or kids with stolen cars can't get back there without destroying the vehicle.

100_1360.JPG

Here's the other one at walker. There are two ditches like this back to back. So a wheeler can get in, but not a stock vehilce. The mildly built Izuzu had to work to get through there and he got stuck, and the built subis had to launch thier rigs through there.

372859282_37b5751541.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/372859282_37b5751541.jpg?v=0

Angelfly, please edit your original post with the details about the permission and I will delete all the other posts of people calling you out.
-Comet
Trails Mod.

just note that when putting something like that up it should be stated if the land is private. i to have freinds who live under a power line,but the seattle city light is very strict on the use in the area..
sorry for flaming so early...
Now if the gate problem is that bad then i would try a shoo-fly like karl said the ones at walker work very well,but you have to have a good gate!! if the problem is they are getting thru the gate shoo-fly wont work.. if you can keep it so they cant get thru gate,but you have a key or combo this is the best route. also is it posted private property? if someone sees that its not the actualy power company land they might be dtered a little from dumping. you could also try camping out a night and maybe catching some in the act dont confront anyone but let a presence be seen.
again sorry for flaming, enjoy the mudslinging. i have a nice little mudhole in the back its fun once in awhile.

Hey not a problem guys i totaly understand!! Its cool completly. I dont know if anyone have been in stossil or on warehouser land but if u know those gates those are the one we bought and installed. We have had one gate actually cute down by an actylene torch and another by a cut-off saw. Not only are those gates damn expensive just the time it takes out of my weekends is gettin to be rediculous! I think we will do the sho-fly idea this weekend and see how it goes. As far as camping out goes we tried that once and got shot at by some crackheads trying to dump a stolen car. I may be redneck but an old western shoot out is not what i have in mind for a good time.

The road is a long back country road leading to a few randomly placed houses in about a 5 mile area of eachother the road is however much longer (powerline service roads) all these alternate routes for the powerling people are blocked with hanging signs saying dont not enter. Where these dont deter anyone from going by them we atleast know to leave that area alone. There are however several roads that lead to back pieces of friends properties or nighbors that to a random know nothing we think its just a random field but really its someone property these are the places we are trying to block!

angelfly i hearby apologize for the un due flaming, i thought about just going back and editing my post but i think the education lesson is still valuable so i left it alone.

i agree with others statements about the qualifing statements about private land with owners permission would have made an entirely different thread.

again i apologize.