• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Muffler help.

Dirt700

Trying to find a muffler that will fit in a tight space that isn't crazy loud. My buddy let take some Jones mufflers today, they have a baffle inside, so they are a little quieter than the magnaflo 4inch straight thru. The Jones have a 5 inch body by 19" long. There is dead space in the end I could cut out and weld back together and shorten it by 3". And I could trim the ends of some and also cut the collectors down. But that's a lot of work. When I could do the magnaflo and just be louder.

What other options are there?
f1d5f44e9c2f6c850444797c2a827b21.jpg
2fca610a47ee0bb1783afe10db9471b7.jpg
7080a5620a1b0183124da6e4546ddc9e.jpg
8e18482431cc4964cbe834786cc91e92.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Looks to me like you're a few miters away from having it. As for by the Tcase, it doesn't have to be round tube. You can weld up a triangle out of 14 ga and insulate/isolate it and be just fine as long as the in^2 are about the same as what your motor needs to flow/what the rest of the system is

blacksheep10 said:
Looks to me like you're a few miters away from having it. As for by the Tcase, it doesn't have to be round tube. You can weld up a triangle out of 14 ga and insulate/isolate it and be just fine as long as the in^2 are about the same as what your motor needs to flow/what the rest of the system is
I have a post on Facebook as well, looks like it's going to be dynomax race muffler or race bullet

blacksheep10 said:

I would do this. Cut it at the weld and start your bend there. You shouldnt have any issues getting it bent up that inch without having to modify the case