• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Muffler Question

R

rock yuppie

I just put a 6.0 LS in my buggy and I want a good sounding exhaust system. For years I have always went with the typical Flow Masters, but this time I want something different. I want it to be quite when at idel, but come alive when you peg it. I need some suggestions from those of you that have tried other mufflers. Anyone ever ran a Magna Flow?

rock yuppie said:
I just put a 6.0 LS in my buggy and I want a good sounding exhaust system. For years I have always went with the typical Flow Masters, but this time I want something different. I want it to be quite when at idel, but come alive when you peg it. I need some suggestions from those of you that have tried other mufflers. Anyone ever ran a Magna Flow?

had good luck wiff da magnaflowzzzz

magnaflow is what i run on mine and allies buggy... they do exactly what you asked for... bring it to columbus and i'll pimp it out for you...

draggbody said:
magnaflow is what i run on mine and allies buggy... they do exactly what you asked for... bring it to columbus and i'll pimp it out for you...
Good. Thats what another dude told me about the Magna Flows. Are yall going to be at the park for the Peck Ride on the 21st?

There's alot more to exhaust than just the brand of the muffler. Size and lenght of the pipe and the numbers of bends makes alot of difference as well. Greg's buggy has a small single chamber 2.5 race flowmaster on it, but has a single crossover, and several bends after the muffler. It's not (was not anyway) loud at all below 2000 rpm, same with Marks, he has a small dynomax. Another local guy has true duals with 3" pipes and 2 flowmasters (not sure of size) and his is loud as hell.

I have Flowmaster Super 44's ilike the mufflers but hate my headers. They are Hedman long tubes and I constantly have an exhaust leak. I have 2.5 inch pipes all the way back and it's quite at low rpms.

I run the bullet mufflers on mine. It is loud as a mo fo on the floorboard. Not so bad at idle. I get alot of compliments on the way it sounds, and they are not expensive.

draggbody said:

PM me what you typically charge for running buggy exhaust. When I get done with my "motor" reduex I really want mine to sound good and I hate taking it to "typical" exhaust shops were they dont get what I need or were Im coming from and throw **** under my ride. Id make the travel just to say "****in jimmy" did it SON !! laughing1

Latest posts