• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Buggy Build

Couldn't pass the tires up for the price. All I had to do was unload them. Planning on grooving them some to be like a tsl. They'll definatly be ran until I can get enough saved up for some new ones. The hood fit to good for me not to run it it's pure awesomeness. Off a 63 international pickup didn't have to cut it or anything.

Got the headers built and the radiator mounted. Went today and played with a tire groover over at wontworks. Also started mounting the seats this evening.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Got started on some of the interior this week to get it ready to start. Had to redo the passenger side trans mount to clear the shifters on the transfer case. Also got started on the floor bars and did my dash. Ive still got to put the guages under the switch panel and build a shifter mount for the trans.
d4624290.jpg

de3aec07.jpg

60339e4f.jpg

Got a msg late last night that this thing is alive. All he likes is a few little details such as paint and drivelines and Drew should be rockin out. :driving:

Defiantly got it running last night. Thankfully dad is an electrician because I've never seen so many wires.
One or two injectors are still stopped up (all of them were on the first try) and my power steering pump lid was leaking. Me and dad are gonna try to clean the injectors again then other than some gussets it should be ready for paint. Then put it all back together and make sure everything is gonna work. My buddy Zac also helped me figure out the fuel plumbing and hooking the motor up

We got alot knocked out over spring break. We learned that 6 of the injectors were bad. Got the new injectors in it and some o2 sensors and it is running pretty good for a motor thats been sitting for 4-5 years. Dad helped me tear it down and painted it for me about mid week and we were able to get the motor and trans back in and all hooked up by Saturday. Figuring out what to do with all the witres was quite a chalenge, but a friend of mine got it all tucked in there and it looks so much better than i thought it would. If all goes according to plan it should make it to the Shamrock Run. Got to thank everybody that has helped me out along the way too because Ive needed every bit of it. :dblthumb:
61d2d3f9.jpg

fa1c0ee2.jpg

bc09be68.jpg

4c0b9533.jpg

Hopefully ill have some more completed pics within afew days.

I hope you have full intentions on lettin it eat Saturday and not baby it like the last ride.

Just drive it like you did my truck. :driving:

wontwork said:
I hope you have full intentions on lettin it eat Saturday and not baby it like the last ride.

Just drive it like you did my truck. :driving:
I was always wide open in the tank, it just never had the go to back it up. I hope it's as tough as your truck.

The tractor tires are 9.5-16 titans. Thats the ones we run on the race trucks and the other tires weren't mounted yet.
Thanks for the compliments and all the help everybody's gave towards it

Time for afew updates. Had to have the transmission rebuilt. The front seal was leaking and when i pulled it to replace the seal i put silicone in the drain hole and it made it leak, so i thought it was building pressure. I also had the guy swap the valve body because it wasnt shifting right. Now it wil actually go in first. Only thing im not happy with are the air shocks. Im eventualy gonna go with C/Os but for now theyre gonna have to do.
67fc9fd7.jpg

So after a year and a half of use I thought it was time for some updates. It didn't take long to figure out the 4.10s weren't going to cut it so I went to 5.13s. Then I stepped into the 21st century when I ditched the old tires for a new set of 38" tsls and some DIY bead locks.
ysevu2yb.jpg
Wont Work Customs recently hooked me up with a set of used radflo coilovers.
e5yrezen.jpg

esuhymyt.jpg

But probably my favorite update is the new facelift it's getting thanks to Haley (wont work). A Willis Wagon hood and grill.
ymuvy4ud.jpg

Hope to have it all fitted and painted soon. I had to promise him it'd be ready for RBD