• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My dodge My dodge My dodge!

What do I do to it now? The guy said someday its gonna need an injection pump. I was readin old threads last night and it sounds like I want a stock pump with a #3 govener kit and do the dowel pin upgrade too.

Anything else? I dant want a super pumped up 12v, but I would like a decent amount of power and mileage, I dont want to do anything to kill other parts. I also dont have cheese to spend on items not needed or important.:awesomework:

at 182K i'd do the KDP now... its cheap and you could do it your self...

at 182K i'd do the KDP now... its cheap and you could do it your self...

Anyone got a link to an install thread? :corn:
I also heard about offset dowels for changing the timing. Is this something I can benifit from? Or do I need a bunch of mods before its worthwile for anything?

Anyone got a link to an install thread? :corn:
I also heard about offset dowels for changing the timing. Is this something I can benifit from? Or do I need a bunch of mods before its worthwile for anything?

go on NWBB and use the search button... newb:fawkdancesmiley:

I might be able to help you out with a few things.... I am going to take the 3k kit out of my pump since I'm sending it in to have it tuned and have a 5k thrown in. I think I have a plate in my center console.. But it's a 10 plate. Messing with the wastegate we can do. And of course getting the timing set I might be able to help out with too. Done plenty of KDP's. The stock tranny won't hold much of any of that the way it sits though....

better get the gauges ( pyro boost trans ) before you start getting with the fun stuff oh and the kdp is a must also..

Nice truck tho:awesomework:

Nice score, and get in touch with Lucky Jeff He can get you on the right path, KDP, 3gsk, is a good start just dont go too crazy.

ya dont do much with the motor...or you WILL blow the tranny...period. kdp is gravy,its just a timing cover.. nice score on the truck!!

brad i have a timing cover crank seal...and i dont have a 12v anymore...also i found the cummins gaskets leaked,used napa gaskets and some ultra black and all is well...

some people don't even use the gasket.. Just some RTV in place of it.. I just never went that route cause I had it off often.

My Cummins gaskets have never leaked though.

brad i have a timing cover crank seal...and i dont have a 12v anymore...also i found the cummins gaskets leaked,used napa gaskets and some ultra black and all is well...

Sounds good. Id like to get that stuff from ya if possible. I need to do it sooner that later.

some people don't even use the gasket.. Just some RTV in place of it.. I just never went that route cause I had it off often.

My Cummins gaskets have never leaked though.

I like RTV, it cleans up easier than scraping gasket material.

Hey jeff, are you having your pump rebuilt or built differently? If so I might be interested in it if a stock core can be used for your next buildup.

How do you pull money out of your ass like that? You arent that busy in the shop. What are you doing on the side Brad?:eeek:

I like RTV, it cleans up easier than scraping gasket material.

Hey jeff, are you having your pump rebuilt or built differently? If so I might be interested in it if a stock core can be used for your next buildup.

Having it built.. I'd trade you straight across if I knew for sure my pump isn't the problem.. Changes are it isn't. Found three of my exhaust ports leaking air when I did a leak down test yesterday (Thanks to Brads machine shop in Bonney Lake :mad:). But i'd hate to be wrong. We can give it a shot though. Not like I will be needing it for a while.

How do you pull money out of your ass like that? You arent that busy in the shop. What are you doing on the side Brad?:eeek:

Apparently you didnt notice the dually that sold the first day after it was listed for $2500?

I also moved three toyota fronts the week before looking at it too.:awesomework:

I have been busy aswell. Anyone in the auto repair biz is slammed right now, its just you nail bangers that are slow. Its been off and on on base latley.

You have wasted more on RC cars and ARBs in ther last year than I paid for this truck.:fawkdancesmiley:

Its pretty easy to get a loan for half what the truck books for. I have been busting my ass latley and listing anything I can on CL.
I hate owing money. I only owe barely 2K on it now.
:awesomework:

Apparently you didnt notice the dually that sold the first day after it was listed for $2500?

I also moved three toyota fronts the week before looking at it too.:awesomework:

I have been busy aswell. Anyone in the auto repair biz is slammed right now, its just you nail bangers that are slow. Its been off and on on base latley.

You have wasted more on RC cars and ARBs in ther last year than I paid for this truck.:fawkdancesmiley:

Its pretty easy to get a loan for half what the truck books for. I have been busting my ass latley and listing anything I can on CL.
I hate owing money. I only owe barely 2K on it now.
:awesomework:

That make since. You got a loan. I was certain you couldnt sell your ass....your to fuggly.:haha::haha: