• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My experience getting ORV Tabs and Plates

It may seem that I'm arguing details of a poorly written law just to proove I'm right. That's not my point really......I would like to find what the definite letter of the law is for sure but more importantly the DNR has communicated with us very clearly on these issues all the way through the process of getting this bill passed. Now it's time to see if they will keep their word. Will they keep their word thus showing that they may be trusted on some level or will they turn chicken **** 180 in which case I will never trust them with anything again...These issues are much more important than $35. These issues will determine what support the DNR will get in the future. If they **** us on this they will **** us on anything and I'll be the first to push for zero support for the DNR when that happens.......But lets wait and see what happens first.:;

Are there any laws in this state that don't have some sort of interpretation to them?

Are there any laws in this state that don't have some sort of interpretation to them?

All laws require interpretation but some are written better than others. I agree with Tod that there are parts of this one that could have been written much better and avoided most of this confusion..

All laws require interpretation but some are written better than others. I agree with Tod that there are parts of this one that could have been written much better and avoided most of this confusion..

And I agree and why I bought pass's so there is no confusion to any LEO I may run into.

Case in point is work parties at which no DP is required.

That is an agency choice, but not required by law.

There are provisions for volunteers to earn a free pass after 24 "approved" hours, but the agency decides which type of volunteer hours are "approved" or not and don't have to waive enforcement before those requirements are met. Current policy has alot of regular volunteers being SOL.

The BackCountry Horsemen are already balls deep in this issue and we will be soon too.

I watched an State Attorney Generals Office staff member testify in favor of passing vauge laws and just letting the courts sort it out :mad:

It may seem that I'm arguing details of a poorly written law just to proove I'm right. That's not my point really......I would like to find what the definite letter of the law is for sure but more importantly the DNR has communicated with us very clearly on these issues all the way through the process of getting this bill passed. Now it's time to see if they will keep their word. Will they keep their word thus showing that they may be trusted on some level or will they turn chicken **** 180 in which case I will never trust them with anything again...These issues are much more important than $35. These issues will determine what support the DNR will get in the future. If they **** us on this they will **** us on anything and I'll be the first to push for zero support for the DNR when that happens.......But lets wait and see what happens first.:;

You trust a gov agency to keep it's word?:eeek::haha::haha: Remember, it's about money and how it can be maximized. Everything else is secondary.

You trust a gov agency to keep it's word?:eeek::haha::haha:
I never said I trusted anyone much less a government agency. Don't put words into my mouth.:;

Remember, it's about money and how it can be maximized. Everything else is secondary.

Private sector is about money. Gov employees are about covering their own ass. Protect their own job or make their job easier.:;
My hope is that some of the specific people involved can be trusted to some extent. Remember these are the same people we're working with to build the new Reiter.:cheer:

That is an agency choice, but not required by law.

There are provisions for volunteers to earn a free pass after 24 "approved" hours, but the agency decides which type of volunteer hours are "approved" or not and don't have to waive enforcement before those requirements are met. Current policy has alot of regular volunteers being SOL.

The BackCountry Horsemen are already balls deep in this issue and we will be soon too.

For those "approved" hours to count, they must advertise the work party to the general public for some time period prior to the work party day. You just can't through up an ad-hoc work party and have the hours count. Forest Watch doesn't count either - though it should.

At least this is according to the DNR.

I went balls deep in to this shortly after the final verbage of the pass came out. It was after that I decided that just paying the $30-35 per vehicle for now for the DP was the most productive route to take, while pushing them to modify their definitions of "approved hours".

2nd Saturday of every month at Walker Valley--->the hours you put in volunteering do go toward the DP, as it is a planned w.p. by DNR every month...

2nd Saturday of every month at Walker Valley--->the hours you put in volunteering do go toward the DP, as it is a planned w.p. by DNR every month...

Are you sure? All planned work parties don't automatically count towards a DP. How are they tracking hours?

Are you sure? All planned work parties don't automatically count towards a DP. How are they tracking hours?

+1.... They have to meet certain criteria that was set in place by the 3 agencies. Not all work parties meet the goals.

When you participate in an approved work party, there is a form that DNR gives you attesting to the hours you worked.

When you participate in an approved work party, there is a form that DNR gives you attesting to the hours you worked.

Which there has always been. Tracking for the DP hours is supposed to be done differently and separately.
So for you guys who have done these voucher hours how are they being tracked?